• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

TFS 1.X+ House size doesn't match house.xml

Garfelt

Reaction score
I'm using TFS 1.2. My problem is when I set the price per sqm for houses it adjusts the price fine, but the size it uses to determine the house size doesn't match anything in the house.xml file. Is there somewhere else it can pull house sizes from?

Example: House A - Size 6 - Price per sqm 20000

Result: Price is 320000 (16 x 20000).

When I check the houses on znote they also reflect the WRONG house size.
Also changing the house size in the database affects nothing.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Thanks for the response. You are indeed correct. Looks like that's where it's getting the house size from.
My next question would be, is there any way to change it to point in the house.xml? My only other option is to alter over 1000 houses, so not very practical.

Walls needs to be marked as house as that way it will "keep" (store in db) players hangables like tapestry. You can modify your engine, detect during map load which house tile is walkable (beds are not too) and increase some new house variable which will keep "real" house size.

All the house sizes are exact in the house.xml file, so that part is sort of already done. I just need to have the the price set based on those values. I'm not sure where in the code it pulls the house size, though. Thanks for the suggestion.

Also, it IS getting the rent prices from house.xml. I just want it to be uniform, pull the price and rent price from the same source.

Back