• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Houses and Guildhalls/Castles built by players. Walls, fortifications.. .siege-weapons etc.

Sinth

Argardh.com
Reaction score
Hoho

Is there or have there been any projects that have tried to create a server/client where players can build their own houses?

Perhaps not player-built houses, but what about guildhalls with Walls that require siege-weapons or something similar to take down.. anyone ever heard of it here on OTLand?

Seems to me our platform is more than perfect to create stuff like this as it's so simple. Takes some serious programming though.. which is why it might not exist as of yet.

this is something that i am currently working on in my OT project, i can't get a prediction on when it will be ready tho.

https://otland.net/threads/custom-house-system-build-your-own-house.244202
player-built houses are pretty much done (with the exception of adding all kinds of buildable items that is...), guildhalls aren't any different from a house, just bigger and has to allow ppl to build in it (e.g sub-owners of house/guildhall)
breaking walls etc is another thing, i have something similar planned, such as allowing players to work together and build shortcuts and whatever, and once unlocked they'll either be permanent or until someone destroys it etc.

Check this out :) I created this for my project. If you want inspiration.
k35J57u.gif

You can build HUGE bases.. Any way you want walls/ doors almost any combination. Haven't updated post for +1 levels.. but you can build up + 1 levels..working on -1 basement support.. you can place traps as well.

Pretty long code after I was done with it x.x Auto build completes your walls for you so a lot less time consuming :)

Project page
https://otland.net/threads/the-walking-dead-server.239922/

Back