• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Houses in Forgotten Server

buzzbuzz2

Altec OTS Owner
Reaction score
Where does the forgotten server store the house items... like housestore or mapstore. I can not get my house to save. The house.xml file saves the houses that I make. But when i buy the house and put items in it, then save the server, shut it down and come back later all the items are gone and it does not even say i am the owner. Does it store these things in the SQL database? In my database there is nothing for houses, is there supposed to be? Any help would be appreciated...

...and yes I have downloaded the forgotten server (newest version) didnt touch a thing, made a mysql and started it, bought a house, saved, shutdown and restarted server and it still does not save the house items nor the person that bought it... so I dont believe that I have removed or deleted anything..

Thanks!

Where does the forgotten server store the house items... like housestore or mapstore. I can not get my house to save. The house.xml file saves the houses that I make. But when i buy the house and put items in it, then save the server, shut it down and come back later all the items are gone and it does not even say i am the owner. Does it store these things in the SQL database? In my database there is nothing for houses, is there supposed to be? Any help would be appreciated...

...and yes I have downloaded the forgotten server (newest version) didnt touch a thing, made a mysql and started it, bought a house, saved, shutdown and restarted server and it still does not save the house items nor the person that bought it... so I dont believe that I have removed or deleted anything..

Thanks!

hmm look in your world map do u have an "forgotten-house.xml" file?

No there is no file named forgotten-house.xml.... and I just downloaded it again without editing anything. Im so confused with this house thing

I'm not sure at all, but I guess thats what the table 'tile' is for.

No there is no file named forgotten-house.xml.... and I just downloaded it again without editing anything. Im so confused with this house thing

AH you probelly download the smaller version of forgotten server.. in the small version sings like that are deled try to download a new one (first of the 4 download links at the bottem of the newest forgotten server)

I only see 3 download links. I believe this is the newest one http://otland.net/showthread.php?t=474

It is the one I downloaded and still there is no forgotten-housestore.xml

@up... sorry for the typo I mistakenly put forgotten-house instead of forgotten-housestore.xml.

house and item saving are stored on the SQL database.

Where on the SQL database... mine dont save... do i have to do something to make them save?

I think you should get an new1 becouse i think the version u have is bugged or something

Where on the SQL database... mine dont save... do i have to do something to make them save?

its save at housetiles. and if you lost all the items it meant the server is not working right with the save. Still sometime with the server crash houses will lose their items but not always.

ya if my server crashs it wipes the house files 75% of the time and its been very unstable l8ly

Hmm maybe If we compiled this " http://otland.net/showthread.php?t=4307&highlight=houses+save

Who can compiled and tell me that all ok?

Even if server saves and the ot crash it can also delete ur house items.

the best way is doing a copy daily but then you'll risk to have some smart azz player witch will take their items from the house after each copy you do of the datebase if you let them know and in case server crash then they'll get those items duplicate.

Back