• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

How block wpe program

Fortera Global

Intermediate OT User
Solutions
Reaction score
This shit make a freezes/lags on my server travelling and others...

If anyone knows how to block or know in what port it is used tell me!!!

thnaks

Winsock Packet Editor (WPE) Pro is a packet sniffing/editing tool.
From my experience using it before on real tibia servers, you can basically send the same or altered packets that have been sent before.
Unless you know how to program into the client/server to check for these packets, and then ensure these exact packets haven't been sent before.. there is no way to stop this program.

Even if you can detect the wrong packets, it only allows players to perform the actions 10x a second.
The amount of activity that wpe pro gives as a footprint is about 4-6x less then a single running bot, and much harder to detect.

The port it uses is the standard game server port 7172, as it simply sends packets that have already been sent before.

I would venture to guess that this program itself is not the cause of your lag.

Sorry for the somber news.

This cause lag of course, example, travelling on boats faster and some others things I would not want revealed to others not to use against the servers.

If I limit packets per second the players who use Magebot will get kicked too (and have much with mb)
:S
what is your packet limit currently set at? tfs recommends to not change it from 25, because then it is very easy to flood the server, if it is at 25 it is fine in most cases (although magebot packet-spamming will be kicked with that)
what feature from magebot do you want players to able to use, that other bots cant do without spamming packets? dash?

but as i said, find whatever systems they are spamming with WPE to cause lag, and set a cap on how often you can use/try to use them, if they exceed it temp ban that account so it stops

They used in the boats to transport. I added a exausted system there. Now they say that somehow are using within the cast making crash, but still do not know how yet.
I use 300 packets limit (for dont kick mage botters)
If wpe used a specific port would be very easy to block : S

They used in the boats to transport. I added a exausted system there. Now they say that somehow are using within the cast making crash, but still do not know how yet.
with 300 packet limit per second they can use almost anything you have to break your server, 25 is recommended for a reason...
what from magebot is so important?

WPE uses the established connection/socket that the Tibia client is using... So there's no way telling from the connection.
As someone else has mentioned you can only tell by packet analysis; packets generated from a Tibia client is unique (at least pre-decryption) from what I've seen, while WPE sends the same packets that have already been sent.
So if you partially or fully log incoming packets you can at least IP ban these people if fixing the server issues is too much work.
300 packets/s is WAY too much btw (unless you have max 5 players on).

I don't know how the cast system works, since I only play 7.x.
And I don't know TFS. But if TFS allows for it, try setting a global cooldown of all actions per player to something like 1-5.

Back