• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

How can I make a custom OT like Medivia/Ravendawn or a modified pure one 7.4 like Tibiantis?? Where do I start?

Benimaru

Reaction score
Hey as the title says how can i shape a server the way I want to? Add mechanics, etc.
Any direction? First do x before y?

Start by choosing and building a distro.

Nostalrius is a solid foundattion fo a 7.72/7.4 server

You can learn more about compiling the distribution here:

If it looks hard, just come play Nostalther :) It's a 7.4 Retro + Custom server with mid rate exp that doesn't reset.

Hey as the title says how can i shape a server the way I want to? Add mechanics, etc.
Any direction? First do x before y?

That's a big question packed into a single sentence.

You can get started by downloading the tools you will need: some engine distro (e.g. TFS 1.4), compiling it and getting running.
Then you do the same for OTClient so you can have your own modifiable client.

Then you will need Remere's Map Editor to edit and create maps, ObjectBuilder to modify item data and sprites, ItemEditor to create .otb files.

This would be the basis for creating a custom OT, but now you just need above intermediate understanding of programming and languages like C++ & Lua and OTUI in order to program and script the engine/client to your liking. That's the step which can possibly take years.

Best to start with very small and tangible goals like: compiling the server, compiling the client, making some simple custom scripts for some items or quests in Lua, making some small changes to the client modules, implementing a new item with a new sprite, etc.

This doesn't begin to scratch the surface of what else you really need to know in order to get to that level of customization like Medivia/Ravendawn, but it's a first step in that direction.

Gl.

You can get started by downloading the tools you will need: some engine distro (e.g. TFS 1.4), compiling it and getting running.

Then you will need Remere's Map Editor to edit and create maps, ObjectBuilder to modify item data and sprites, ItemEditor to create .otb files.

This would be the basis for creating a custom OT, but now you just need above intermediate understanding of programming and languages like C++ & Lua and OTUI in order to program and script the engine/client to your liking. That's the step which can possibly take years.

Best to start with very small and tangible goals like: compiling the server, compiling the client, making some simple custom scripts for some items or quests in Lua, making some small changes to the client modules, implementing a new item with a new sprite, etc.

This doesn't begin to scratch the surface of what else you really need to know in order to get to that level of customization like Medivia/Ravendawn, but it's a first step in that direction.

Gl.
Thank you!! Where should I post any progression???

Start by choosing and building a distro.

Nostalrius is a solid foundattion fo a 7.72/7.4 server

You can learn more about compiling the distribution here:

If it looks hard, just come play Nostalther :) It's a 7.4 Retro + Custom server with mid rate exp that doesn't reset.
Alright I will look into it thank you

Gl.
Hey just wanted to say thank you man I'm back trying from the start thank

Thread has been cleaned.

We would like to remember to all our users that anything related to selling/buying OT resources is not allowed.
And anything related to enhancing the public TFS distro player saving mechanics is allowed by TFS developers?? Because it amazes me a private project driven by a single person have it already implemented but the public TFS managed by a team of devs doesn't. Seems like you guys are more worried about reporting "propaganda" of superiors private projects instead of fixing your own things.

Besides the fact you missed the point here, you shouldn't be comparing an open source project with a project driven by money.
Feel free to open a discussion thread if it concerns you too much thought.

Besides the fact you missed the point here, you shouldn't be comparing an open source project with a project driven by money.
You're the one missing the point here. The OP asked a question, we gave him valid options. We don't even get any benefit from it.
Seems like @Evil Puncker as soon saw "TVP" panicked and reported it and you deleted whole comments, and his comment later, I guess in order to avoid the hate against him.
Feel free to open a discussion thread if it concerns you too much thought.
An open discussion thread for what? To receive laughing reactions from @Evil Puncker and @Sarah Wesker? Because that's all I see from them, and this particular topic is well known already. Not a single explanation of why it's not implemented, and probably it never will.
I shouldn't be able to compare a project driven by money against a open source project, but looking at the facts of what a single individual have managed to accomplish vs a bunch of devs that all they do is put reactions to comments, yeah I think the comparisson is on point.

You're the one missing the point here.
You missed the point. All we did here was to enforced the forum rules (Rule 11). Nothing more.

The OP asked a question, we gave him valid options.
The OP asked about how to build/shape his own server. Not which datapack he could buy.

Seems like @Evil Puncker as soon saw "TVP" panicked and reported it and you deleted whole comments, and his comment later, I guess in order to avoid the hate against him.
Those are your own conclusions.

Firstly, no one reported the thread/posts. I saw them by myself.
Secondly, why someone should panic in the first place? It seems to me that you are creating a fake competition from nowhere.

You deleted whole comments, and his comment later, I guess in order to avoid the hate against him.
We don't delete posts arbitrarily unless it's rule breaking, directly or indirectly.

You missed the point. All we did here was to enforced the forum rules (Rule 11). Nothing more.
I'm sorry but did you even read the Rule 11 before enforcing it? Let me take a look at it for you:
11. Commerce of resources:
It is strictly forbidden to buy or sell OpenTibia resources on OTLand. Advertising websites where you can buy or sell OpenTibia resources is not tolerated either. It is still OK to charge for hosting services, and advertising such services should be done in Jobs board.
Can you tell me, in what part of the posts did anyone advertised a website, link, or even a contact where he could actually buy it? All we did was give him different options of engines to begin with, based in our experience, with TVP being part of the options.
The OP asked about how to build/shape his own server. Not which datapack he could buy.
I'm not sure if you lack of common sense on this one. Just take a look at the first and second post and you will figure out that choosing the right engine according to your goals is, at least, the very first thing you should be thinking of. No matter if it's public or private, what matters at this point is what is gonna help you to reach your goal in the best possible way. He asked for guidance, we gave him guidance.
Can you enlight us now and answer to the OP, which engine would fit better for a modified pure one 7.4 like Tibiantis? Because that's exactly what he was asking for.
Those are your own conclusions.

Firstly, no one reported the thread/posts. I saw them by myself.
Don't tell me. Indeed it's, that's why I said "It seems", otherwise it would be a fact, wouldn't it?
Secondly, why someone should panic in the first place? It seems to me that you are creating a fake competition from nowhere.
The first thing that comes to my mind is that some people are afraid that private projects are beating up public distros in all aspects since the tarball was released to the public and TFS devs didn't dare to look into it and probably they don't want to make this fact obvious to beginners. That's the most reasonable theory considering your actions enforcing a rule that never applied in this case, in addition to the repeteadly laughing reactions of only (coincidentally) TFS developers in this very same thread.
We don't delete posts arbitrarily unless it's rule breaking, directly or indirectly.
Oh you don't? Then why didn't you delete the very first post of Pink Panther where he is advertising his server? Doesn't it breaks the Rule 4? Do I have to read it for you too?
I mean, It's probably the first post you should have checked considering supposedly nobody reported anything, following a linear check from the top to the bottom, but to my surprise seems like you never saw it(?).

If you're gonna enforce a rule, then do it right.

Can you tell me, in what part of the posts did anyone advertised a website, link, or even a contact where he could actually buy it? All we did was give him different options of engines to begin with, based in our experience, with TVP being part of the options.
This is something I mentioned on my previous post.

While there wasn't any link nor contact shared, you don't need to be smart enough to find out the resource in question.

If you have any doubt, here is the resolution; your post was considered as rule breaking (indirectly) by the simple fact that you quoted the original post (where an user mentioned to buy a resource) and you made your opinion based on that. Hence, your post was involved in a commerce of a resource.

I'm not sure if you lack of common sense on this one. Just take a look at the first and second post and you will figure out that choosing the right engine according to your goals is, at least, the very first thing you should be thinking of. No matter if it's public or private, what matters at this point is what is gonna help you to reach your goal in the best possible way. He asked for guidance, we gave him guidance.
Can you enlight us now and answer to the OP, which engine would fit better for a modified pure one 7.4 like Tibiantis? Because that's exactly what he was asking for.
This is not about common sense, it is about the fact that you are not allowed to post/discuss anything related to the selling/buying of OT resources.
Doesn't matter if you think it's the best choice, you simply cannot do that.

Thats something that must be strictly discussed in private.

Don't tell me. Indeed it's, that's why I said "It seems", otherwise it would be a fact, wouldn't it?
What else you could say? You cannot confirm it but still you were pretty sure about the facts, isn't it?

And never buy anything from scammers!
@Ezzz was charging users for the same fixes in his buggy (advertised as perfect replica) Nostalrius for years - with him its always the same, I am sure he has some hidden bugs in his shit code that he will charge you for after you launch and receive some paypal money 🤠

This is something I mentioned on my previous post.
So you started deliberaty avoiding the questions and topics now, interesting. Please limit to answer it with an engine name, as simple as that. We don't need any other excuses from your side considering the previous post doesn't have any answer to it.
While there wasn't any link nor contact shared, you don't need to be smart enough to find out the resource in question.

If you have any doubt, here is the resolution; your post was considered as rule breaking (indirectly) by the simple fact that you quoted the original post (where an user mentioned to buy a resource) and you made your opinion based on that. Hence, your post was involved in a commerce of a resource.
This is not about common sense, it is about the fact that you are not allowed to post/discuss anything related to the selling/buying of OT resources.
Doesn't matter if you think it's the best choice, you simply cannot do that.

Thats something that must be strictly discussed in private.
So the translation is "While nobody broke the rule, I still enforced it anyway because I wanted to.", not to mention the passive-agressive comment between lines referring to be smart enough. I'm not sure how long have you been on charge but you have no idea how to read or interpret a rule, less how to enforce it properly, that's a matter of fact. Not to mention that in fact I recommended him to not buy the resource in question, but you deleted my post anyway, incredible.
So again, no links, no websites, no contact, nobody selled or buyed anything, hence the rule was never broken. Please come up with some better excuse if you aren't able to justify your "mistake" here.
What else you could say? You cannot confirm it but still you were pretty sure about the facts, isn't it?
Sure I'm, all your answers and behavior seems ambiguous to me, I go straight to the point and don't hide behind passive-agressive comments like you do, and I neither avoid questions like you do.

So as a matter of fact here, you wrongly and arbitrarily enforced an unexistent rule but you aren't "smart enough" to enforce the Rule 4 on the first post. Damn you didn't even reply to that, you just skipped it hoping nobody would notice it. With what kind of excuse will you come up now?

Selling stuff is not allowed but offering their service on otland to sell their stuff trough discord is allowed

1694113060680.png

So you started deliberaty avoiding the questions and topics now, interesting. Please limit to answer it with an engine name, as simple as that. We don't need any other excuses from your side considering the previous post doesn't have any answer to it.
I answered your question, feel free to read my previous post again.

So the translation is "While nobody broke the rule, I still enforced it anyway because I wanted to."
You can translate it the way it suits you better. My statement was clear and loud.

I'm not sure how long have you been on charge but you have no idea how to read or interpret a rule, less how to enforce it properly, that's a matter of fact.
Thanks for the feedback. I'll keep that in mind.

Not to mention the passive-agressive comment between lines referring to be smart enough.
Passive-aggressive? Don't take things out of context. I was talking in general, not straight to your person as you just did.

Not to mention that in fact I recommended him to not buy the resource in question, but you deleted my post anyway, incredible.
Again, it does not matter what were your thoughts/opinions, your post was involved in a commerce of a resource.
Very simple to understand, that's also the reason why you didn't get a warning point unlike the user you quoted.

So as a matter of fact here, you wrongly and arbitrarily enforced an unexistent rule but you aren't "smart enough" to enforce the Rule 4 on the first post. Damn you didn't even reply to that, you just skipped it hoping nobody would notice it. With what kind of excuse will you come up now?
The post is not rule-breaking. That's pretty much the reason why it's been there for almost 2 years.

Lastly, if you believe this was an unjustified action you are free to open a thread under the Feedback board.

Back