• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

How can I protect my sprites in otclient?

Hello Ranzor,

I would like to know if there's a way to do that,
but I believe you can't, since you have to send your .dat file with your .exe in order for it to make the client work...

Best regards,
Daemonium

You can, it ranges from vmprotect to other drm solutions.

Easiest approach zipping them up with a password, and changing otclient to read from zip with password; or specifically lying that those are sprite files, and placing your sprites file somewhere else under different name.
Plenty ways to cover/secure your files. VMprotect i guess is the most secure thing you can do, with least amount of work.

Someone found their way around this protection in 5 minutes. We paid for this service and were very disappointed

@originalpost
If someone has the time, nothing can fully protect your sprites.
You got your money back? Or did he make you a new version?

as i wrote before, vmprotect is great solution. A demo version can do it for you. It won't stop people from taking a snapshot and cutting it out from the game itself - but definitely will protect the client and its files. I don't doubt there are some skilled crackers around that will beat vmprotect, but i'm mostly convinced there are only few of them.

Last edited:
Back