• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

How do I change the map on my ot server

Status
Not open for further replies.

chekhn

Reaction score
I just created a server and the map is the one from forgotten server and i am wondering how i change the map?

First, goto Data / World, And then put the map in there,and the xml files, then goto config.lua , search for map , and change it to the name your new map is named
I just created a server and the map is the one from forgotten server and i am wondering how i change the map?

Just go to Config.lua

Lua:
-- Map
    -- NOTE: storeTrash costs more memory, but will perform alot faster cleaning.
    -- houseDataStorage usage may be found at how-use-internal-functions.log
    mapAuthor = "Komic"
    randomizeTiles = true
    houseDataStorage = "binary-tilebased"
    storeTrash = true
    cleanProtectedZones = true
   [B] mapName = "nameofyourmap.otbm" <<<-------------[/B]
        -- For Windows(compiled with MSVC) and Linux use:
        -- OTX Server use default GroundCache
        -- GroundCache mode save memory: __GROUND_CACHE__
            -- forgotten map on normal mode use memory: 361,512 KB
            -- forgotten map with groundCache mode use memory: 334,124 KB

When you finish edit config.lua only copy Map inside data/World

First, goto Data / World, And then put the map in there,and the xml files, then goto config.lua , search for map , and change it to the name your new map is named
I get this "error" in console: [spawn::addMonsters] can not find Trainer (it spamms that)

Add the monster with that name to your server (data/monsters, monsters.xml and add the monster in the right folder).
Or delete the monster from the map if you don't need it.

If you want help with that you can post the errors.
Can you tell me exactly what to do, i just started the server, and i have the map you have from the start. And i want to change map. Can i download any i want for the client i am using? or can you guide me?

Yes, you can use any map or that doesn't have a higher client version, or if it has, you can set the map to a lower client version so it will remove all the new items that don't exist in the client for your server.
To change map version:
Uuyxim.png

2L8jJw.png

Yes, you can use any map or that doesn't have a higher client version, or if it has, you can set the map to a lower client version so it will remove all the new items that don't exist in the client for your server.
To change map version:
Uuyxim.png

2L8jJw.png
So if i download a 8.6 map then i wont have the new items, right?
btw i want to download this one:
http://otland.net/threads/9-6-realmap-v3.171538/
but the v3 is mp3 file?

If your server is for client 8.6, you can download maps for higher client versions and then set it to 8.6 like I showed in the example.
If you do this, it will remove all the new items (items from newer clients than 8.6) in the map.

It could be that the links are broken in that thread.

upload_2013-12-20_19-16-49.png i guess i am supposed to do as the first posters but what am i supposed to do with the mods and all of the other files?

What do you mean exactly?
For changing the map you only have the replace the map and house/spawn file in data/world (and the name in config.lua if your map has a different name).
If there are monsters in the map that are not in your server you can add them in data/monsters/monsters.xml and then the monster file in the folder you choose in the monsters.xml line.

What do you mean exactly?
For changing the map you only have the replace the map and house/spawn file in data/world (and the name in config.lua if your map has a different name).
If there are monsters in the map that are not in your server you can add them in data/monsters/monsters.xml and then the monster file in the folder you choose in the monsters.xml line.
This map i downloaded has monsters, custom spells etc, and i converted the map from 8.6 to 9.6, and i am wondering what i am supposed to do with those files?
Also in this map there is already a config.lua file, can't i replace that iwht the one i have in my otserv folder?

With map I mean
EGSJZt.png

I'm not sure what you mean. If you download a server, all the files you need are already there, you don't have to replace something.

With map I mean
EGSJZt.png

I'm not sure what you mean. If you download a server, all the files you need are already there, you don't have to replace something.
I get this error:

[20/12/2013 21:02:23] >> Loading config
[20/12/2013 21:02:23] [Error - ConfigManager::loadFile] With file = config.lua, config.lua:302: unexpected symbol near '@'
[20/12/2013 21:02:23] > ERROR: Unable to load config.lua!

what can i do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back