• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Compiling How do I change to protocol 8.6-8.62?

Chrippe

Reaction score
Hello guys!

Became a donator for the first time to DL the private subversion (the forgotten server 0.4_dev), compiled it and it seem to work properly for version 8.62. Now to the question, is there any way to make the server accept connections from 8.6 - 8.62? If it is, how do I do it? I tried the search button, but the only answer that I could find was that I had to change it in resources.h but I don't seem to have such a file in my project.

Reputation will be handed out!

Thanks in advance!

Edit:

If it's not possible at all, how do i change the protocol from 8.62 to just 8.6?

Last edited:
Yeah I noticed, hah. So do you guys know where I can get the latest version for protocol 8.6, because I can only find the compilation files for 8.62 in the private subversion. I'd really appreciate it! Thanks in advance!

The sources in the private subversion are setup for 8.60 by default. There shouldn't be any problems.

oh hmm, then it just depends on what REV he is using, if i'm not mistaken, Revision 3777 is the most stable one, so if he is using that one, then he wouldn't have to do anything, as it's already set up for 8.6.

Thanks guys! And thanks _Arthur I'll have a look at your thread, will probably spare me some time :p Where can I download the Rev777 incase I'd like to compile it on my own for some reason?

Back