• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

How do I use TFS?

Remora

Reaction score
New to OTs / OTland and hardly a programmer. I still would like to get into it.

I got RME running and downloaded a pre-compiled version of TFS.
Now I understand some basics about programming, and I can read the .lua files reasonably well.

But there are some basic things I don't get and couldn't really find an explanation for that I could understand.

When I start the theforgottenserver.exe, a command prompt box opens for a second and closes.
I imagined that TFS would be like RME. It would ask me where files x were, in what map it should look. Then it would make a tibia.exe file (like you download from Cip) and if would ask me where I want to save that. That doesn't seem to happen, and I don't understand what it does.
So what am I looking at, and what is it supposed to do?

Then, in the .xml and .lua files I see two types of arguments being used.
There are commands that are being defined (let’s say created in the file)
But there are also functions being used that is seems TFS just understands what to do with it.
Like, how do I know what other commands I can use?

I.E. I understand I can do stuff like: when player is detected at position x,y create item # at position x,y++
But how do I know something like: "function onUse(1,2,3,4,5,6)" even exists and can be used? How does TFS know?

When I start the theforgottenserver.exe, a command prompt box opens for a second and closes.
You need to setup a SQL database to start with it, you can use Uniformserver or just xampp, also you got a guide about this here:
- From Windows 10 to OTS development machine for dummies (https://otland.net/threads/from-windows-10-to-ots-development-machine-for-dummies.268631/)

Then, in the .xml and .lua files I see two types of arguments being used.
There are commands that are being defined (let’s say created in the file)
But there are also functions being used that is seems TFS just understands what to do with it.
Like, how do I know what other commands I can use?
You can take a look on luascript.cpp, you got a list of available functions that you can use there

I.E. I understand I can do stuff like: when player is detected at position x,y create item # at position x,y++
But how do I know something like: "function onUse(1,2,3,4,5,6)" even exists and can be used? How does TFS know?
TFS doesn't use it like that, also, that would be attached into movements, not actions at all, you would need to setup it on your own map editor with an actionid depending on what you want to do

Back