• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

How do you create big amouts of content?

miens

Combos and Freedom
Reaction score
Hi!
Recently when developing my server I came to the point when all the systems are more or less done and I just need to add all the world content (map, monsters, quests). And at this point I realized that if I will continue to do it like before (on my own and in free time) it will take years before my world is developed enough to play on it.
So I'am asking you all for advice or some tips on automating or facilitating the process of world content creation. Is there any way to "cheat the system"?

Don't know what you exactly mean.
If you want content someone (or something) have to do it.

You can try using some programs to make monsters, maybe it will speed up your work.
You can try to make a script to generate simple monsters and then customize them.
Get monsters from TFS.
Find beta testers who will make map/monsters/quests.
Find teammates to help.
Recruit some mappers/scripters.
Some parts of map can be with existing programs like bmp to otx/otbm.

Interesting and complex quests take the most time.

Been developing a server myself for 10+ years and is not even close to be finished. Making a decent sized (RL Tibia map) server can be very time consuming.

Script generators do pretty good job, however most often it takes 100x more time to make such things perfect.
So whatever you want to create, think do you want to make similar things 100+ times.

Automation is another thing. By that I mean create tools with what its much easier to create content.
With c++ knowledge you have practically no limits. With Lua you can't do everything, TFS has way too many restrictions.

Is there any way to "cheat the system"?
Yeah. Don't bother with bigger map and variety of monsters/quests/tasks/etc. Start small or medium-borderline-small and expand only when the playerbase will be big enough for you to even bother with creating more content. If big server doesn't get big advertisement campaign, it will probably crash and burn. Very few people like to play Tibia without seeing other people around the map, not only in depo.

I would use a good map as base. Like the global itself
You have enough space to create and no need bother to make newbie hunts

With c++ knowledge you have practically no limits. With Lua you can't do everything, TFS has way too many restrictions.
I always knew that I would live to read it from you.

Back