• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

How do you handle chargebacks on paypal?

Realera Realmap

Reaction score
If you have players that decides to pay for ex. premium points. And they recieve points, buying items ingame and having fun a couple of days but then decides to do a chargeback. How do you handle that? How do you prove to paypal that this guy got the items ingame and trying to scam you?

Anyone been in the same chair as me? Please tell me. Ive let paypal handle the business but now they require proof. And I dont have any except the time and date he bought the points and ingame items. He is not using same mail ingame as on paypal.

Refund the money to them and ban them in-game. Perhaps add item tracking to the donation items for each account, so when you ban their account the shop items also gets removed.
You can check the database, it may contain a log / history of recieved paypal donations. It may also contain an account ID, which you can match up to characters and player_items with.

Last edited:
Not using IPN in favor of REST API wich provides more information, creating and executing payments, you can add double checks (like Steam) to make sure its not an unauthorized payment

Even tho i like the suggestions. But item should not be tradeable or throwable for couple days then? Since it will be sad for the guy who bought a "stolen" item.

Even tho i like the suggestions. But item should not be tradeable or throwable for couple days then? Since it will be sad for the guy who bought a "stolen" item.

In the past I always marked them like Znote says, but that is actually a great ide to make them non-tradable! :)

Thanks guys for the replies. I made a twist of the payment and wrote that I do got history of all transactions though he is not using same mail in paypal as in account. Its about a 50 euro payment not a very big deal but I do think this guy has no rights to retake them when its say not refundable at donation link.

Is the only way to give chrageback and ban their account? How come not everybody do that on all servers when they quit? Or maybe they do? I have no idea but on the servers which I have donated Ive done 0 refunds, lol.

yes it's help alot because almost all cargebacks are scams you have to explain what you are doing.. to paypal i have an ot an alot of players makers chargebacks i chedk it and make a complain i've won 100% of the times is a little tedius you know? but i always won with my complaints

Back