• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

How many players can play on it server?

Grochu

Reaction score
How many players can play on it server?

i5-3470 4x3,6 GHZ
16 GB Ram DDR3 1600mhz
SSD 240gb

You will most likely be limited by the server performance/scripts/code optimization rather than the hardware itself.

Number of players server can handle is mostly limited by bad scripts copied from forum. Without bad designed scripts, you can easily handle 1000 online on any 50$+ per month dedicated server (including one you posted).
I saw OTS with 'auto eat food' script that used 90% of CPU with 200 online - server was unplayable, players could run 1 step per 2 seconds. After removing 'auto eat' CPU went down to 20%.

Not a problem. 500 online server uses around 5mb/s upload, up to 10mb/s when there are wars.

Assuming that all server scripts are at least decent, how much RAM is needed to host 300+ players (There's any calc, like, RAM per player)? And the CPU cores/ghz? Network speed is an important factor?

Assuming that all server scripts are at least decent, how much RAM is needed to host 300+ players (There's any calc, like, RAM per player)? And the CPU cores/ghz? Network speed is an important factor?

RAM is mostly used by map - other server features, website or database barely uses any. Load it once and check how much is taking in your system to measure how much you'll need.

TFS is not multithreaded and it doesn't really take much CPU to run aslong as scripts are decent optimized. Any desktop/server CPU from this decade (or even century/millenium xD) will run just fine.

As of network... it depends. If you are going to have many players in one place or scattered around the map - it may vary a lot. You should be fine to host a 100 player server in a 10-20mb connection. As always - fiber/cable and wired recommended.

RAM is mostly used by map - other server features, website or database barely uses any. Load it once and check how much is taking in your system to measure how much you'll need.

TFS is not multithreaded and it doesn't really take much CPU to run aslong as scripts are decent optimized. Any desktop/server CPU from this decade (or even century/millenium xD) will run just fine.

As of network... it depends. If you are going to have many players in one place or scattered around the map - it may vary a lot. You should be fine to host a 100 player server in a 10-20mb connection. As always - fiber/cable and wired recommended.

Thanks my friend, i'll test it up.

Back