• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

How many players can this comp handle running a real map?

Kiman

Reality OT Staff
Reaction score
I'm going to start hosting a real map, And i'm wondering if this computer has the power to run a real map with 100-200 players, the real map is around 100 mb btw

Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4Ghz per core
3gb RAM
Memory usage of the server: 1.6 gb without players

Replies will be appreciated :)

Last edited:
Yes, Like he says, You should be able to have 200 or more. Just get started :D

I would say 400 :p

Your internet would go over 400, but comp 400~~ :p

The ram is your limitation. Thunderion map isn't even 100MB, but it uses about 2.4-3GB ram. Go beyond the ram limits and it'll lag like hell. With a stripped XP, you'll be able to hit 200-300 players. With etc Vista and msn running. You'll probable have a hard time handling 100+.

He should state how much the server use by memory. The size of the doesn't exactly say so much. And I'll just have to guess on his OS. If he install Linux without GUI he can handle alot more then using Vista like it was his desktop.

The server uses 1.6 gb ram without players if i'm correct (I opened up taskmanager and checked the memory usage of the process).

I'm also currently using Win XP Professional latest Service Pack

Back
Top Bottom