• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

How many players I can handle?

elxcheko

Reaction score
I bought a VPS, and I want to know how many players I can handle. I'm from Mexico, is that a problem with the distance? I mean from the VPS to mexico, because the VPS is located in Atlanta

I use a 20mb map.

Windows 2003 Virtuozzo 64-Bit
1GB ram
20GB disk space
Bandwidth: 500GB

and here is the speedtest:

Last edited:
Ram is the MOST importent part in tibia servers (over 1 GB) you should be fine without caring about not having enought ram.
Speedtest: 1854,72 kB/s* is that, and as in other threads has said, 1 player = 1-3kB/s - so let's say 1.5kB/s as average.
So, you should be able to host up to 1236,48 Players (if we are talking theory).

But I am not 100% at your computer specc, so let's say 800-900 players? :D

Lets see according to your location and VPS location that may cause some problems probably laggy sometimes i thinkg you should be fine with 5- players XD

Ram is the MOST importent part in tibia servers (over 1 GB) you should be fine without caring about not having enought ram.
Speedtest: 1854,72 kB/s* is that, and as in other threads has said, 1 player = 1-3kB/s - so let's say 1.5kB/s as average.
So, you should be able to host up to 1236,48 Players (if we are talking theory).

But I am not 100% at your computer specc, so let's say 800-900 players? :D

With 1 ram? No way.

With 1 ram? No way.
Henkos, this is a tibia server... not a damn WoW server, that require like 2mB / player or so...
EDIT:
nvm.. didn't saw that he used 64 bits windows (with just 1 gB ram o_O) and a 20 mB big map
So yea, 150-200~ without lag would I do belive

yeah but its not 1GB complete maybe its like 500 mb on server btw proby 200 players should do fine

VPS means that you share bandwidth with other users. Depending on their traffic, your upload might be faster and slower every now and then.

Back