• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

how many players? rep++ ;p

L

Lanceq2

ram 2gb
procesor amd 2.7
100mbps
map evo 16 mb :>
how many players without laggs ;x
rep

Tosse, if this can hold 800 players i'd be a pope.

You'r telling me u gone hold a 600-900 players on 1core amd and 2gb ram? lol in ur dreams.

Anco, as far as I have heard... these servers don't have support for dual/trio/quad cores, so... Yea, I do belive that -.-'
My server are able to host ~500 players without lag (2 years ago), and that server have 2GB ram, and an amd processor (dual) - Don't remember the Ghz though.

Well, ofc, the OT server maybe have upgraded that much, so they need to use more cpu from the server, than two years ago.

So, I am sorry if I gave false information about these days OT servers.

Edit:
logged in with 200 players through my gaming computer (mc bot FTW)... Lagging like hell at the gaming computer...... (Btw before someone saying "They are just standing still, "BOT" if you read after MC, moving around in the town.
The Server Computer:
wow... 2% cpu usage - so the cpu isn't something to care about....
Ram usage - 1.01GB while using remote Control Access and got an FTP server running.(but no one downloading / uploading) (btw without players online the ram usage were at 0.7GB)
Network usage - 0.05%
So Yea, I belive that he / she / it(?:D) can host ~600-900(MAX 900?) :p

Last edited:
@up
she / he it(?:D) said 100mbps net, so think around 80-100mbps speed
edit:
If we think from 80 mbps(bits), will get to 8mBps(byte). As other already had said, 1 player takes around: 1-5kBps(bytes).
and 1mB = 1000kB, thus he/she have 8mBps, therefore 8000kBps(1024 usally but I have rounded it to 1000kB to easier to understand).
so if every player takes an average 2kBps.
8000kBps / 2kBps = 4000kBps (so her / his interconnection can hold up to 4k players :D (but that is just theory, you have other programs that takes up network space)

Last edited:
WEll i know but if he want an exactly number i need his internet speed.
Like you show,

81.84*1024
83 804.16
83 804.16/16
5 237.76

That means that you tosse12 can handel 5 237.76 players on your internet

well, that's just theory... Because I can use other applications that require network.
Also, usally you have 1000 players as max login.
But of course, you can change the max peak to 5k, but I doubt that you ever will reach that sum with an ot server :p
so if you got a network line with 100/100 (Fiber(?)), then you don't need to find out how many players your ot server can have, because if you have over 25mbps(bit)then you should be able to host 1000 players without lag, (STILL this is theory!)

well, that's just theory... Because I can use other applications that require network.
Also, usally you have 1000 players as max login.
But of course, you can change the max peak to 5k, but I doubt that you ever will reach that sum with an ot server :p
so if you got a network line with 100/100 (Fiber(?)), then you don't need to find out how many players your ot server can have, because if you have over 25mbps(bit)then you should be able to host 1000 players without lag, (STILL this is theory!)

Well in the calculation you saw this part: 83 804.16/16
thats because 1 character = 16kb and he just asking for how many players with that, and this calculation is not a theory its the thru answer of his question and yes, you don't need so verry good internet speed to host a server, but often (noobs) sending attacks and Ddos attacks on you and thats why you should have the best internet you can get always

if you recive a DDOS attack, no matter how good your internet speed is... your server won't survive usally a ddos attack is around 100.000(?) pings at the same time. and most OT servers are personal servers (Home Server / W/e you want to call it), and the max speed (atleast in Sweden) is 100mbps/100mbps.

Edit:
Saw the noob(ddos) you wrote of, so, if there is a noob ddos attack (100 computers infected?), then your server should lagg a little bit.

Anyways :p I will quit visiting this thread now, because this thread question have been answeared / solved.

Back