• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

How many players ?

simonnini

Reaction score
About how many players could i host with this stats :

Processor - Intel Core 2 Duo T5750 / 2 GHz ( Dual-Core )
RAM - 3 GB DDR2 SDRAM - 667 MHz ( 1 x 2 GB )
Hard Drive - 250 GB - Serial ATA-150 - 5400 rpm
Operating System - Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium

Roxor map if that makes any sense.

This is my internet :

[URL=http://www.speedtest.net][/URL]

Sounds amazing if that´s true. Does it make any sense if i host my website and maybe run msn and 1 tibia client meanwhile im hosting ?

in another thread i saw someone who had 0.75m in upload. Other peeps said he could have around 50 players without lagg. Was that just a lie ?

in another thread i saw someone who had 0.75m in upload. Other peeps said he could have around 50 players without lagg. Was that just a lie ?

Nope, you will probably handle more than 50 players (depends if you want to use WWW or ingame account manager). But still, better connection would be nice.

I'd say around 300-500 players, but also think about upgrading from Vista to Windows 7 Ultimate as Vista is way more resource intensive. That way you're freeing up the RAM for bigger maps etc.

Perhaps look into making a VirtualPC (VirtualBox is my favourite for such things) to use as your server. I find having individual virtual pcs to run servers to be easier, as any problems such as being hacked is less likely to screw up your main machine.

Sounds relly great. Just finished updating my server to 8.60 Might be abit buggy tho..

Also i will buy a entire new computer soon. So i guess it dosen´t make any sense if i upgrade to winds 7 here. The new comp will host the server :)

Thanks every1 for answearing my post :)

I would say atleast 300 since you have a small map I guess (roxor) and great upload speed, so there is not a big loose on your connection or RAM, but if you are going for a RL map I would suggest you to get more RAM and a 64 bit operative system ;)

Back