• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

How much should be refund?

onewave1

Reaction score
Hi, i am not sure if i write this post in correct board, if no please delete this thread.

I had a problem with service of guy: members/kimokimo.110785/

So he took an order for scripts including installing them on our server for bosses meanwhile he havent finished like 30% of work.
He started the work at 4.11.21 and everything was going fine till the end of november, then he said he will be off for a month <whole december>. At the beginning of january when he forget to even write me he needs more time, i decided to message him myself. Conversation and promises for doing it till the end of the week etc i am adding in screenshoots.

As he is respected OTland User and still i can communicate with him, i dont want to chargeback payment through paypal since he did like 70% of work, both of us agreed on refund. I am expecting about 40% money refund for not delivering 2 final bosses which are most expensive and and bugs on scripts he havent fixed and we had to do it ourself.

If someone experienced situation like this, i would love to hear your opinion, Imo with being so late,fake promises,problems it caused to our server which is running up i could expect bigger refund but i want to make it fair.

Attachments

I have no time for drama and I don't have to join this as I'm not providing any service on Otland anymore, this guy ordered 430$+ worth of bosses and got 95% of them delivered, last few were not delivered and was going to refund him for it even tho I didn't wanna do them as I said in this screenshot

1642945393725.png

Yet I delivered 5 bosses of the 6 promised (only final dreamcourts was not)
December was a deadline we agreed on, I tried to squeeze some time (I couldn't) for his so called BUGS which are clearly features he want, I never denied any extra work during the working period we agreed on as of this screenshot
1642945545817.png
I even did him the maps which was not something I provide in my service
1642945625394.png

Drama apart I agreed to refund him for the 2 final bosses that were not delivered and he comes with these vague statements about bugs which are features that appear to be missing out of nowhere, I was testing stuff with his team they never mentioned anything other than requests for any tiny detail that is missing. now he's asking for 40% refund for what? features that he claims are bugs in the last 5 bosses delivered out of 50+?

1642945879260.png
As of this screenshot he's talking about dreamcourts only, I don't know how that deserves 40% refund for 50+ bosses over 5 bosses that have tiny missing features.

1642945956327.png

The audacity this guy have is unbelievable, you force me to take a task, I finish 95% of it, you come crying over 5% and ask for 40% refund of total job, that ain't happening, I should charge you for wasting my time writing this post tbh.

A great learning experience for the developer here.

Make a better initial contract and let the client know that extra features beyond the scope of the initial contract will need to be paid for.

Annoying customers like this are the worst though.
You give them an inch, and they stretch it to a mile.

You gotta be firm and detailed with your contracts, or this abuse will happen again in the future, whether it be here on OtLand or elsewhere.

Oki so to clear out few things:

1. those things u call "features" are in real tibia, and i paid for those since i wanted bosses with 100% mechanics real tibia and you agreed on it
2. You havent delivered final library (you asked 50USD for it, and no i dont even checked files u left in our server since i paid for service with installing them, still u had 22 days <january> to install it but u havent even contact me>
3. You havent delivered Final dreamcourt at all which is about 30-50 USD aswell i guess comparing to other final bosses
4. Why do i ask for 40% refund? its because u havent delivered those 2 important things, about which u was claiming u will do it all the time, even on last promise at beginning of january u didnt keep the terms and havent msged me u need more time. We had to spent our own time to do fixes on scripts with dreamcourts normal bosses, meanwhile i reported those bugs to you
5. About rest of bosses, we already agreed yesterday on discord that i am looking for refund only for those 3 things: final dc,final library and dreamcourt fixes we had to to ourself, rest its our problem we havent tested its properly.
6. I already pointed in my first message that i respected u wont be here at december as u told me before, but u havent told anything about january, and i want to remind you its 23.01.22 today

@Xikini

First of all, am i annoying customer because i ask for things i paid for? if someone sells you scripts it should work 100%, not like 90% and rest we have to fix ourselves, dont you think?
You're defending this Developer meanwhile he took money at end of the november for whole work, then he was off whole december <thats fine, he warned me about that> but then whole january he havent msged me whats goin on?

I dont expected him to fix bugs we found out after month or sth, i wanted him to finish bosses he was paid for, and fix those bugs we reported him before he took month off, thats all
Post automatically merged:

"The audacity this guy have is unbelievable, you force me to take a task, I finish 95% of it, you come crying over 5% and ask for 40% refund of total job, that ain't happening, I should charge you for wasting my time writing this post tbh."

1. Sorry but its funny, how do i force you to take task? ITS YOU deciding if you can manage it or not, did i came to you irl with gun or sth? i hope its only missunderstading

You want to tell me that final library, final dreamcourts, and fixes to regular dreamcourts bosses are 5% of all those work, meanwhile prices its like 100usd of 330? <i count only your last services, not july ones>

Dont you count loses to my server due to your unprofessional behaviour? are you going to tell me that taking money>being late 23days without ANY CONTACT FROM YOUR SIDE its fine and i should act like nothing happens?

Last edited:
How many bosses you paid for?
How many bosses did he make?

What are the complexity of what he didn't do comparing to the bosses he delivered?

If you asked 30 bosses and he made like 27, but the three ones that he didn't deliver are more complex to develop,I'd imagine like 15% refund (10% from 3 bosses out of 30, and 5% due to the complexity) (these numbers are just an example).

How many bosses you paid for?
How many bosses did he make?

What are the complexity of what he didn't do comparing to the bosses he delivered?

If you asked 30 bosses and he made like 27, but the three ones that he didn't deliver are more complex to develop,I'd imagine like 15% refund (10% from 3 bosses out of 30, and 5% due to the complexity) (these numbers are just an example).

I paid 430 USD for those things:

1. Feaster of souls bosses + main boss - 100usd
2. Grave danger bosses + main zelos - 80 usd
3. Final Library boss - 50 USD
4. Final Gold boss - hard to say, havent told me specific price but should be same as final library looking on how hard it its to code
5. Drume boss - probably 30usd? it was inside bulk so same as up
6. Dreamcourt bosses + final boss 100usd total so lets count 30USD for final

So final DC 30 usd + final library 50 USD + *dreamcourt fixes took about 4h~ which is around 60USD counting average programmer per hour time. sum up: 140 USD which is already 33% of full price + almost one month wasted waiting for his fake promises

*dreamcourts changes i meant all those i mentioned in first screen, which i will reapet again its real tibia mechanics so its not features, its simply bugs that its missing, aswell in any of those mentioned bosses clearroom and kicking players out when times out wasnt working and aswell there wasnt function stopEvent which was reason to troubles with timers

PS. i was using other dev's/mappers service from OTland, never had any problems, both sides was satisfied. This is my first time when someone cause problems. From my point of view, he took money, and after month or sth he was too lazy to finish work he was paid for, thats why he havent even contacted me so he was hoping ill forget or sth, but thats only my opinion.

Last edited:
Let me sum for you this none sense on a second thought I ain't going to refund you a thing.
You didn't pay 430 USD, I just double checked the convo.
1642950663368.png
You paid 335$ for total of for the following:
1- Feaster of souls - 12 bosses + final.
2- Grave Danger - 5 bosses + final.
3- Final gold which includes (3 mini bosses + final itself)
4- Drume which is 2 bosses + Ancient lich knight.
5- Dreamcourts 5 bosses without final (I didn't deliver)
6- Final Library (I delivered but didn't install)

Total of 33 bosses I didn't deliver 2 out of 33 bosses, (not to mention the extra services I did which as follows:
1- Mapping missing rooms.
2- Testing with his team and adding extra features on spot.

None of these bosses are more complex than the other, they're all pretty complex since they have 99% Cipsoft mechanics.
You got yourself a bargain you should be thankful and these bugs/fixes you're talking about caused you losses on your server? BS 6 hour fixes for those? You must be a really weak developer to take that much time.

I'll consider the 1 boss I didn't deliver and the other I didn't install as a payment for the BS you caused me and the extra services I provided.
Keep on crying, I gave you a choice to get the refund you denied it.

kind regards,
I'm off this community for good

counting how many bosses it is, its pointless since i paid for packages whole quests, not single bosses.

Beatiful world you are living in, that "you gave me a chance to refund and i denied it" FOR THINGS U HAVENT DONE AND U TOOK MONEY FOR XD, thanks for a chance man!!. Congratz man for prove yourself as scammer :D

PS. imagine calling someone weak dev meanwhile you are taking paid jobs and forget about things like clearoom or stopEvent function, so who are you then? XD

Back