• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

How much would it cost?

KikiRook

₆⁶₆NOS Titan₆⁶₆
Reaction score
How much would it cost for me to have someone set up an 8.54 armonia TP server from back in the day? Serious question.

That heavily depends on the amount of things you can provide.

Can you provide the server itself? The map? the host? acc?...

Knowing that you can get a rought idea of the amount of work needed.

I would provide nothing but funding and fun time donations for your personal benefit

I would provide nothing but funding and fun time donations for your personal benefit

Hmm, I’d recommend finding a person with knowledge of hosting and partner together, splitting everything. Check the Jobs area. If you have money to spend, there may be people without money looking for a partner.

Good luck.

You would need someone that knows a little bit about everything and you need to provide anything that costs money + paying him to set it up for you. You need to trust him because he can place a backdoor access to the server. What costs money? his time, his knowledge, the server to host it on.

Extremely, I love the rebirth projects.. The ones with promotions and such after so many rebirths.. I miss it dearly

Extremely, I love the rebirth projects.. The ones with promotions and such after so many rebirths.. I miss it dearly

Yea I remmember you used to play my ot befor with reborns
Post automatically merged:

Would you be up to play on such a server with otclient and custom sprites but still 860?

Well, I'm very wizened in the sphere of 8.54 / 8.60 era servers. I already colocate metal and just dropped serious cash on a new AMD EPYC platform to be my next hypervisor, and should be able to run at least 12 OT servers concurrently before encroaching on the other shards/services that will be calling it home. Also it's rack neighbor runs large RAID array which means nightly backups will be on deck. And I have gigabit at home to clone and act as off-site guarantee.

And unlike everyone else, I'm pulling a 3884 fork forward, instead of Nekiro's downport. (No offense to that work implied, it's a wonderful community resource as a starting point.) -- By time I'm finished, I'll be current with TFS 1.3 but preserving significantly more accurate 8.60 era behavior.

So I guess it's a matter of would enough people be interested in this to warrant taking up one of my available slots? If so, I can do it.

Back