• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

How must be strong server at 1000 player?

venoman12

Reaction score
Hello i have question to all user otland, i want switch new server ots to tibia 12 client how must be stronger vps server at 1000 players? I have offer 8x 2.4 cpu, 16 gb ram, ssd 250 gb its been good?

Last edited:
preparing for the future, it is not known whether it will be, but in case of such necessity. I need a specific answer and not where I get it from

Don't worry too much about future. Try some OVH VPS on start, it should handle 100 players easily.
Sad to say, but you will probably never achieve 1000 players online. There is like 3 or 5 servers with that amount of players :/

Last edited:
You've got apparently almost no experience and you already want to make preparations for reaching top5 in the world regarding OT servers. It's the equivalent of having an idea for a cool painting, and booking a venue at New York art gallery before even learning how to hold a brush.

And the strangest thing, it's not even uncommon here. Every 5th post is someone with some bare idea being 100% sure of going Minecraft route. There are times where I doubt if some people on these forums belong to the same reality as I do.

Who cares if he will never reach that amount of players. I feel like you're all dodging his question because you don't know, feel like you should know, are annoyed about that, and want to post something anyway.

The hardware requirements to host for 1000 people will vary depending on the type of server, the scripts its running, the size of map etc.
Having never hosted for that many people before I can only offer a rough guess, which would be that your current specs will be sufficient. There are people lurking around who will be able to answer your question with experience backing it, but I don't feel comfortable tagging them in.

take a look in ovh dedicated game servers ,the one which has Intel i7-7700K - 4 c / 8 t - 4.2 GHz / 4.5 GHz could be pretty good to run 1k more players in a tfs 1.x, if you dont have alot of slow scripts and things like that, but if you use tfs 0.4, otx 2.x you will need to optimize some things to make it support 1k players.

Thanks @mdwilliams and @Liften or supporting and understanding my question because some people think that if they fail, I will fail, but I actually exaggerated with the number of players, if there will be 200, it will be good, and as for the experience with "otserver, I have some time in the past I bet 8.6 and there were 300 players. Regards venoman12.

yes, people saying that you should not try to hold more than 1k players because you will not get that enough players are a joke, if we have some ots with 1k + players ofc you can do it, its not easy but you can get it, you are just preventing yourself in case that happens, a smart decision for people who get there...

Is this good for starting a hosting service? 🤔
9051480692.png

Because I'm considering it.
I don't know if 50 UP is enough.

Last edited:
Start with a scalable VPS like HETZNER, VULTR, OVH and grow from there. The most important requirements if you look elsewhere would be a high single core benchmark score of the cpu and a good uplink (100 Mbit/s+; 1 Gbit/s even better) and DDoS Protection. RAM usually is really cheap so don't worry too much about it.

Is this good for starting a hosting service? 🤔
9051480692.png

Because I'm considering it.
I don't know if 50 UP is enough.
If that's your home internet, don't. You'll also get all the DDoS etc. If it's from a dedicated server provider it can host an OTS although a higher uplink will be definitely better.

The scary thing is, the people doing the DDoS on the Tibia servers also lurks around in these forums. Since its the same community.
Just a shame people have to do shit like that, really takes the omph out of server creation.

Back