• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

TFS 0.X How to add dash in sources?

Lurk

Reaction score
Hello, most of you had probably seen this already, most of the top otservers now have this, it's basically the elfbot dash but directly in the sources so everyone can go as fast as possible even without a bot
I think it might be that whenever a player walks the source also emulates like he's clicking on the sqm so it's or whatever, or it might be something completelly different. I'm using tfs 0.4 and I know some OTX sources have this already but since I have no idea what it even is I don't know where to look

Solution
sounds like it could work, I'll add these changes but will be hard to test on localhost since there's no delay for me here, I'll restart my server's host in a few hours and then I'll tell ya if it worked or not. Thank you for helping!

edit: didn't work :/
its not a dash system, the host server is in brazil. ping is low that seems to be dash, since here in Brazil we are used to ping 150+
just change your game to a host in brazil, and it will have the same "dash" of it....
probably who lives outside Brazil will have a high ping. Can someone test this for you, just ping the command promt
1566622419926.png
I'm not sure if that's possible since the walking duration is calculated precisely on both sides (server & client). What makes people walk slowly sometimes than usual is the duration each key repeat has to wait.. (Which is 250 millis)..

If there is a way to do it, then it would be client-related, since elfbot can do it without any modification to the server.

Sincerely,
Slavi

Which servers? I have never seen this before or maybe they are using custom clients? like OTC?
Or they just changed players base speed? or the delay between every step/diagonal.

forkzzot.servegame.com has it, you can feel it just by logging in with a normal tibia client, doesn't need to be custom
changing the default speed would have the same effect?
do the comparison in forkzzot and in other servers and you will see

Looks like he just removed step delay, Try these changes and tell me if it doesn't work.
in your creature.cpp change this to 1 instead of 3
and change this to 1 instead of 2
This would make you walk like dash or even faster, You can decrease or increase numbers until it suit your needs.

sounds like it could work, I'll add these changes but will be hard to test on localhost since there's no delay for me here, I'll restart my server's host in a few hours and then I'll tell ya if it worked or not. Thank you for helping!

Last edited:

its not a dash system, the host server is in brazil. ping is low that seems to be dash, since here in Brazil we are used to ping 150+
just change your game to a host in brazil, and it will have the same "dash" of it....
probably who lives outside Brazil will have a high ping. Can someone test this for you, just ping the command promt
1566622419926.png

Solution
hm it might be it but I know for sure that there is a dash system, there are even a few sources out there that have it

Have you solved it with the reply above? If yes mark your question as solved.

hello,

I have the same problem, when the player changes direction when walking, there is a small delay, if I remove the keyboard delay this delay disappears, but I noticed that on some servers even with keyboard delay, this delay does not occur when the char walks

Back