• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

How to add new Palettes to RME

Fargo

Alright Mapper
Solutions
Reaction score
Since I just helped someone else on this matter it came to my attention that it is possible not a lot of people know how to add new palettes to RME. It is a little work to do so but it can be extraordinarily helpful. Some XML knowledge prior to trying to do this will cause a lot less hassle.

Depending on the items you are wanting to move over from others will require you to add code to certain files such as RME Folder - > Data - > Client - > doodads.xml; grounds.xml; borders.xml; tileset.xml ect.

If you were to add something new, let's say ids 10000 for a new tile, to the terrain palette you would first go to grounds.xml and do this ;
HTML:
<brush name="ground randomization" type="ground" server_lookid="10000" z-order="3530">
        <item id="10000" chance="2500"/>
        <item id="10001" chance="2500"/>
        <border align="outer" id="135"/>
        <border align="inner" to="none" id="1"/>
    </brush>
NOTE: Don't forget to change the border id to something that already has the id, border align="outer" is the outside border of the ground type when you have autoborder on. Also don't forget to change it once you have the borders for it complete.

now you need to add borders to this ground, so now you need to open borders.xml.

Code:
<border id="135"> -- example --
        <borderitem edge="n"   item="10003"/>
        <borderitem edge="w"   item="10004"/>
        <borderitem edge="e"   item="10005"/>
        <borderitem edge="s"   item="10006"/>
        <borderitem edge="cnw" item="10007"/>
        <borderitem edge="cne" item="10008"/>
        <borderitem edge="cse" item="10009"/>
        <borderitem edge="csw" item="10010"/>
        <borderitem edge="dnw" item="10011"/>
        <borderitem edge="dne" item="10012"/>
        <borderitem edge="dse" item="10013"/>
        <borderitem edge="dsw" item="10013"/>
    </border>

It is very important that you test these borders constantly to see if you get them correct.

Then you need be able to create a new pallete, open up tilesets.xml and add something such as this in.
Code:
<tileset name="Others in Terrain">
        <terrain>
            <brush name="ground randomization"/>
            <brush name="example"/>
        </terrain>
    </tileset>
But

Now you want to add some doodads, you will open doodads.xml
Code:
<brush name="doodad example" type="doodad" server_lookid="20000" draggable="true" on_blocking="false" thickness="25/100">
        <item id="20000" chance="10"/>
        <item id="20001" chance="10"/>
        <item id="20002" chance="10"/>
    </brush>
Then you would open up tile set's and essentially do what you did with the terrain ground randomization but you would change the tag from 'terrain' to 'doodad'

If you want to create a raw palette all you need to do is navigate to %appdata%/Remere's Map Editor/Extentions. Inside you will find various different .xml files. Essentially all of them will look like this;
Code:
<materialsextension name="Example" author="Dark199" description="Example" client="8.50;8.54;8.6;9.10;9.30;9.6">

<tileset name="Example Raw Palette">
        <raw>

<item fromid="2700" toid="2722"/>

<item id="11012"/>

</raw>
    </tileset>
</materialsextension>
Copy the code from above and start adding in whatever you want. You should note that whatever you name your file will place it in Raw, such as 'others' or 'nature'. Once you fill it out how you want just reload RME and it will be implemented.

Now, to see what you've created in action you will need to reload the map editor (F5). If there is an issue look it over to try and to see if you did something wrong, such as not placing parenthesis'. I encourage to look up your issues on Google before requesting help.

Realize that these item ids are for examples and shouldn't be actually used in this manner.

Last edited:
i want to add new rme i want to add own things, i dont wanna sit on RAW and take 10h to make example 1 house... so can someone help me?

Hello

sorry for digging so old post, but I'm not as smart as you guys and I don't understand some things.

<brush name="ground randomization" type="ground" server_lookid="10000" z-order="3530">

<item id="10000" chance="2500"/>
<item id="10001" chance="2500"/>
<border align="outer" id="135"/>
<border align="inner" to="none" id="1"/>
</brush>

1. server_lookid="10000" – should I put here the same object ID that I see in ObjectBuldier ?
2. z-order="3530" – what is this ? in original file I see such values as – 5505, 3000 etc, what does it do?
3. item id="10000" – this is the same ID as in ObjectBuldier for object or for sprite?
4. chance="2500" – can someone tell me what is min and max chance? Sometimes I see chance = 0, and sometimes 2500, why to use 0? the object will newer appear ?
5. <border align="outer" id="135"/> - what is this ID? “Don't forget to change the border id to something that already has the id“ - I don't understand this sentence... I have to have one border in ObjectBuldier with this ID?

When I'm adding my own items (that I made in ObjectBuilder from my own sprites), do I have to also modify items.otb?

Can someone please explain me what should I put in items.xml, materials.xml and doodads.xml and what is a difference between this files, and how should I know what item put to what file?

thanks

Hello

sorry for digging so old post, but I'm not as smart as you guys and I don't understand some things.

1. server_lookid="10000" – should I put here the same object ID that I see in ObjectBuldier ?
2. z-order="3530" – what is this ? in original file I see such values as – 5505, 3000 etc, what does it do?
3. item id="10000" – this is the same ID as in ObjectBuldier for object or for sprite?
4. chance="2500" – can someone tell me what is min and max chance? Sometimes I see chance = 0, and sometimes 2500, why to use 0? the object will newer appear ?
5. <border align="outer" id="135"/> - what is this ID? “Don't forget to change the border id to something that already has the id“ - I don't understand this sentence... I have to have one border in ObjectBuldier with this ID?

When I'm adding my own items (that I made in ObjectBuilder from my own sprites), do I have to also modify items.otb?

Can someone please explain me what should I put in items.xml, materials.xml and doodads.xml and what is a difference between this files, and how should I know what item put to what file?

thanks
Sorry for the delay. Also you should have RME open while doing this to get the proper ID's and able to test it.
The server_lookid means what it will look like in RME (In the doodad or whichever palette)
I'm not even sure what z-order is, so I just keep it where it is.
Item id is what it says, the item id in RME.
Chance is how often it will show up, higher the number more often.
Border align means when you're using autoborder which way that border will appear (ontop of the tile or outside it). The border id is what ID the autoborder is referred to.

Once you have custom items in treat them as you would any other item.
The different files have their own functions. Such as items.xml is to name items and the like, materials.xml is for different tabs including terrain, doodad, items, ect., and doodads.xml is to group different objects for a single doodad.

If you need ObjectBuilder help I suggest asking in this thread, and to actually look at the files and see what is going on inside them to try and figure them out. (Don't try to edit them until you know what you are doing)

Hey guys, I found this post by looking in google, can anyone help me? I want to create submenu in RME and I have to idea how to do that. What I mean? simple: you have Palette then you have tileset. I want to create something under tileset so submenu of tileset. This will improve my personalisation of RME.

Thanks in advanse for any response.

Back