• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

How To Avoid Getting Scammed while Working For The Job Section here?

My boss was pretty cool about me on moving to a part time position maybe in the free time i have ill try one of the options znote gave me

Ive used several nicknames based on coding refrences and yeah you dont know me i just did coding when servers were about small maps and war where you leveled 20 level each time you killed someone

thanks for all answers

Reviving this post again since i received many job offers and interesting project ideas. After doing a job how you avoid someone reclaiming their money by lying to paypal? For example i finished the work the guy is happy i gave him the code and then he says to paypal i dint wrong or he dint receive it.

What i meant what are the steps to avoid this? Accepting only from verified paypal accounts? or any way to avoid getting ripped of after showing them your work, them accepting and you sending the code. My pan is uploading the scrip or code showing them and after getting paid sending them the script but after that cant they said they never received it?

Pretty sure theres a forum post on how to avoid it. Search it. Ive seen it before. Called like how to avoid chargebacks

Last edited:
Maybe I should stop helping people for free so people can make money...

Shadowsong was correct by saying make a test server.

Basically, you'd just make a test server, player logs in, and you'd have Teleports going to each script. People can log in, teleport to each zone, and if they see something they like, or something similar to what they like they can ask you to buy it.

Also when making a script for someone else, You can load it onto the test server.

Also if you want more steady money, have people subscribe to "VIP Buyer" as a monthly payment and any new script you sell them will not be sold to other people as long as they are a VIP Buyer, and maybe they get priority (you'll finish their scripts first).

Personally I pay around $200-500 a month on artwork for my server. (I do everything else myself, I just suck at pixel art).

Maybe I should stop helping people for free so people can make money...

Shadowsong was correct by saying make a test server.

Basically, you'd just make a test server, player logs in, and you'd have Teleports going to each script. People can log in, teleport to each zone, and if they see something they like, or something similar to what they like they can ask you to buy it.

Also when making a script for someone else, You can load it onto the test server.

Also if you want more steady money, have people subscribe to "VIP Buyer" as a monthly payment and any new script you sell them will not be sold to other people as long as they are a VIP Buyer, and maybe they get priority (you'll finish their scripts first).

Personally I pay around $200-500 a month on artwork for my server. (I do everything else myself, I just suck at pixel art).

Thanks for the info i already put a server together and that part is covered what worries me is people charge backing.

Thanks for the info i already put a server together and that part is covered what worries me is people charge backing.

Don't worry about it.

It will happen sometimes, and there is almost nothing you can do about it.

You just have to develop a customer base. After awhile you will gain trusted customers, that always pay and always need something else made.

There is infinite work for tibia servers. Because everyone always wants new content and the next best thing.

The best thing you can do (as a seller) is setup your own website where you have a store and you sell code through proper SSL. Have a business PayPal account and have all appropriate verifications, etc. through PayPal. When transactions are made, you will have purchase evidence and they can't simply say, "I didn't get the code." or some other crap. I recommend setting up email verifications, order numbers, etc. all to assure there are multiple deliveries of the code.

When I hire individuals, I have them work on a test server (hosted on my personal PC) with access through WinSCP, or I ask them to work on TeamViewer. Never do I pay before hand because of quality assurances. For large tasks, I may make a down payment (e.g. 20% upfront). However, I am a fairly trusted member amongst OtLand (and several other forums). So, perhaps I am one of the few exceptions to the whole "Jobs" section dilemma.

When it's all said and done, you honestly have no assurances when it comes to "sending" payments via PayPal. Purchasing something on a legitimate website is another story. You'll have a greater chance avoiding chargebacks that way. The only method via PayPal that cannot be charged-back/disputed is MoneyPak. These are prepaid cards you buy at a physical location, and once sent, cannot be reused or charged-back.

Other methods such as Western Union or MoneyGram are excellent for avoiding charge-backs. But most people don't like using these services because they have no assurances you'll finish / complete the work. This is partly why I never pay upfront. People tend to take longer than expected or walk away and never pay you back. @Archez owes me $250 from a few years ago, which I believe it's safe to assume, will never be seen again.

Last edited:
Back