• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

How to change weapon level?

MrUnFantastic

Reaction score
So, as the title states, I am trying to figure out how to change a weapon's level. I wanted to lower the level requirement for a snakebite rod. However, after chaging it from 7 to 5:

<wand id="2182" level="7" mana="2" min="8" max="18" type="earth"> <!-- Snakebit Rod -->
<vocation name="Druid" />
</wand>

to

<wand id="2182" level="5" mana="2" min="8" max="18" type="earth"> <!-- Snakebit Rod -->
<vocation name="Druid" />
</wand>

It still doesn't work. I get "14:22 You see a snakebite rod.It can only be wielded properly by druids of level 7 or higher." I then use /reload items and /reload weapons which "fixes" it. "14:25 You see a snakebite rod.It can only be wielded properly by druids of level 5 or higher." but my level 5 Druid still cannot use it properly. I am stumped.

for weapons that (weapons.xml) is the only file you need to change, if yours is not working, make sure the weapon is not registered anywhere else, and that you restarted your ot

and DON'T forget to always tell us WHAT engine you are using, as the solution may be different

for weapons that (weapons.xml) is the only file you need to change, if yours is not working, make sure the weapon is not registered anywhere else, and that you restarted your ot

and DON'T forget to always tell us WHAT engine you are using, as the solution may be different
Ahh thank you! I'll search for the weapon in other folders! I am currently using 8.6 TFS 1.3
Post automatically merged:

Ohhh, I'll look into that! What do I need to do there?
I figured it out guys! It was referenced in movements so I had to change the level there too! That took care of it! Thanks everyone!

Last edited:
Back