• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

How to create ur own custom monsters.

Cyro

Intermediate OT User
Reaction score
Hi all :) in this tutorial I will teach u how to create ur own custom monsters for ur otservers.

I took the tutorial idea from this thread > http://otland.net/f481/begginers-how-create-custom-monsters-easy-very-detailed-16968/ <

but the tutorial there weren't clear enough tho, so I decided to make a better detailed one.

Start by downloading the latest version of notepad ++

Then you should create a xml file and name it with ur monster name I will go for "King kong"

Left click on this file and click Edit with Notepad++

then start by adding:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

then:

Code:
<monster name="King kong" nameDescription="a King kong" race="blood" experience="10000" speed="500" manacost="200">
<health now="500000" max="500000"/>

Monster name: The name of the monster.

nameDescription: you should make it "a" monster name so onLook it will be "You see a King kong

Race: All I know about it is that its blood/undead.

Experience: Experience gained by killing the monster.

Speed: The monster speed.

Manacost: Mana costed by summoning the monster.

Health now: Health when spawned.

Max: Its maximum hp.

then:

Code:
<look type="x" corpse="x"/>
	<targetchange interval="x" chance="0"/>
	<strategy attack="100" defense="0"/>

Look type: Outfit id of the monster

Corpse: Dead body id of the monster

Targetchange interval: How often does the monster changes his target

Strategy attack: IDK! and it will be good if someone told me what is it so I can add it :)

Defense: Its defense

Then add:

Code:
<flags>
    <flag summonable="x"/>        
    <flag attackable="x"/>
    <flag hostile="x"/>
    <flag illusionable="x"/>
    <flag convinceable="x"/>
    <flag pushable="x"/>
    <flag canpushitems="x"/>
    <flag canpushcreatures="x"/>
    <flag targetdistance="x"/>
    <flag staticattack="x"/>
    <flag runonhealth="x"/>
  </flags>

On all of them 1 is for yes and 0 is for no.

now let me explain each of them

flag summonable="x" - If it is 0 then u cant summon the monster.. if it is 1 then u can. "and we setted the mana cost already ;)".

flag attackable="x" - if it is 0 then the monster is not attackable.. if it is 1 then it is.

flag hostile="x" - if it is 0 then the monster will run from u and it wont atk u like the orshabal on red hp.. if it is 1 it will atk.

flag illusionable="x" - if it is 0 then u cant get it with utevo res ina.. if it is 1 then u can utevo res ina "King kong.

flag convincible="x" - Let's people convince it with the convince rune(similar to summoning).

flag pushable="x" - if it is 0 then u cant push the monster.. if it is 1 then u can.

flag canpushitems="x" - if it is 0 then the monster wont push the items "like the minotaur".. if it is 1 then he will push them "like the minotaur guard".

flag canpushcreatures="x" - if it is 0 then the monster wont push other monsters.. if it is 1 then he will.

flag targetdistance="x" - should be a number which is the spaces between the target and creature. 1=next to the target, 5 = 4sqms away, etc... you can pick a number here

flag staticattack="x" - IDK! and it will be good if someone told me what is it so I can add it :)

flag runonhealth="x" - 0 means it wont run, any other number means it will run at that much hp, ex. if you put 500 here the creature will run at 500 hp and under

now add this:

Code:
<attacks>
		<attack name="x" interval="x" skill="x" attack="x"/>
		<attack name="x" interval="x" chance="x" range="x" min="-x" max="-x">
			<attribute key="shootEffect" value="x"/>
		<attack name="x" interval="x" chance="x" range="x" radius="x" target="x" min="-x" max="-x">
			<attribute key="shootEffect" value="x"/>
			<attribute key="areaEffect" value="x"/>
		</attack> 
</attacks>

Attack name: they are too much "open other monster files to know about them"

Interval: How often will the monster atk u "Remember its counted in milliseconds"

Skill: it is skill like sword fighting "it increases the atk rate"

Attack: For example make it like 10 and the monster range will be 10

Attack name: Attack style

Interval: Same as UP!

Chance: Chance of the atk

Range: Range and its counted in sqm

Min: Minimum damage dealt "IMPORTANT" and remember adding - before the damage like -10

Max: Max damage dealt "IMPORTANT" same here remember adding - before the damage like -20

areaEffect: the effect if u wanna do it fire call it firearea between the " " "Remember that the attack name should be fire if u want it to do a fire atk and set the range and radius as other atks.

attribute key="shootEffect" - The effect used in attack it is like a spear or bolt or small stone or fire or something..

value="x" - The item used in the shooteffect.

then add:

Code:
<defenses armor="x" defense="x"/>
<defense name="x" interval="x" chance="x" speedchange="x" duration="x">
      <attribute key="areaEffect" value="x"/>
    </defense>
  </defenses>

Defenses armor: its armor defense like 10 or 12 or so on

Defense: is like the ur shield armor 20 or so on :p

Then add:

Code:
<elements>
		<element energyPercent="x"/>
		<element holyPercent="x"/>
		<element earthPercent="x"/>
		<element deathPercent="x"/>
	</elements>

All of those are the % taken from the Energy/holy/earth/death if u made it for example 10 then it will take 10% less damage from the X hit if u made it -10 then it will take 10% more damage from the X hit :)

and now add:

Code:
<voices interval="x" chance="x">
    <voice sentence="X" yell="x"/>
  </voices>

Voices interaval/chance: How often will he say it always 5000 for voice interval and 10 for chance :)

Voice sentence: The sentence like "HANGA BANGA I WILL RULE" or anything lol, and u can increase in it as much as u want :) but don't add the <voices interval="x" chance="x"> anymore.

now the loot:

Code:
<loot>
		<item id="x" countmax="x" chance="x"/>
		<item id="x" chance="x"/>
		<item id="x" chance="x">
			<inside>
			</inside>
		</item>
	</loot>
</monster>

Item id: The id of the item it will loot.

Count max: Used for gold coins like 100 or 10 or whatever

Chance: The chance ofc

Code:
<inside>
			</inside>

"IF U WANT IT TO LOOT A BAG" so inside it it will be x item :)

Now u are done!

To add it to ur server u should goto ur monsters file and edit it with notepad++ and write

Code:
<monster name="King kong" file="King kong.xml" />

Regards,
Cyro.

Last edited:
Thx all :)

Just knew what Flag convincible is and added :)

Read Nyan cat's comment. "GOOD FOR BEGINNERS"

and am sure u didnt know the meaning of 50% of them.. so just stfu please.

Last edited:
I just added the waves part and updated the tutorial abit :) hope it helps u more now.

Sorry for opening an old thread up. I just wanted to add some information for the unknowing. If this exists in another thread, then I'm extra sorry. I found nothing on the forums though. So anyways, this is hopefully a correct statement, if it is not, then please correct me! Here we go: From my own experience the staticattack="x" is how often the creature will walk around when in close combat. The bigger the value, the longer it takes for the creature to initiate a walk phase. Hence the name STATICattack. x is for the % chance for the creature to be static in close combat (not to move around). An example: staticattack="100" will make the creature to not move around in close combat.

Same with strategy attack and defense. Your character can can choose between offensive fighting, balanced fighting and defensive fighting. Which gives the values: strategy attack ="100" defense="0" for offensive, strategy attack="75" defense="25" for balanced, strategy attack="50" defense="50" for defensive. This should apply the same for monsters.

And for the skill and attack rate, there is a calculation. It is skill * (attack * 0.05) + (attack/2) to get the maximum hit. Think of it like skill is sword skill and attack is the attack value of the sword you are wielding. A creature with 100 in skill and wields a magic sword: skill="100" attack="48", which will give the max hit: (100 * (48 * 0.05) + (48/2) = 264). This calculation is strange though, as a character's max hit is 0.085 * skill * attack + (level/5), though disregard that. Also, if you have strategy attack="75" defense="25" the max hit will be (skill * (attack * 0.05) + (attack/2)) * 0.75

As I've said, that's my experience, if I'm wrong please correct me!

I hope that helped!

Last edited:
Which kind of numbers are 100% drop chance, rare, very-rare, extremely rare? If i want 1% drop chance i put 100? 1? 10?

Which kind of numbers are 100% drop chance, rare, very-rare, extremely rare? If i want 1% drop chance i put 100? 1? 10?
1% with either be

or it will be

cant remember off the top of my head but it's either /100 (thus it would be 1), or it's between 0 and 1 (thus it would be 0.01)

The drop rates are calculated in thousands. This means that 100000 is 100%, 100 is 0.1% and so on. I hope that helped!

Back