• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

How to customize your own UI, implement your own settings as of walking with "WASD" keys

Duzo

Reaction score
I have an idea of a game that I'am trying to make. I have just set up my own otserver with a website to be able to create an account and a character. Everything works fine so far and now I'am at the stage to start working on my own ideas for the game. So I have looked around the scripts and I cannot see clear way on how to make your own settings, implement new UI etc, so I'am reaching out here for any ideas or help that I could get to start working on this.

I want to start working on the smaller things first so I thought I would make so that you walk with the "WASD" keys at first. I have looked through otland for this issue and I found a client that you could install to make this work. But I'am more after on how to make this yourself.

So I would really need some guidance on how you could make the following changes to the game ( Doesn't need to be the exact solution to what I want but rather about how you could change something in the UI )

• Changing the script so that you walk with "WASD" keys.
  • How to make your own UI elements
  • How to implement those UI elements to the client
  • How to implement your own settings. ( Example - Press enter to active chat )

More specific things if someone would know how to go your way with this

• Create your own actionbars
  • Create spell icons to implement in the actionbars
  • Making the actionbars pressable to activate spells

I know this is not some easy things you can just do but my ideas for this game is big and if I could make this work then this game will be really fun! I 'am not expecting an exact solution for all of this and would just be really happy to ball some ideas back and forth with someone that has a little bit more knowledge than me regarding otservers.

I'am not a complete noob with coding, have mostly worked with C# and Unity but I would aslo not say that I know what I'm doing. I appreciate all answers that would lead me in the right direction.

ohhh, I suggest you to switch to OTC (ot client), as changing official tibia client would be a pain in the ass because the source is not available, you would have to change it by using dll injection or something like that

ohhh, I suggest you to switch to OTC (ot client), as changing official tibia client would be a pain in the ass because the source is not available, you would have to change it by using dll injection or something like that
Omg dude, this is pure gold!! Got it to work with my server. Going to play around with this more after work. Thank you so much!

Do you know if there is a tool to customize the UI or can you only customize it via code?

Do you know if there is a tool to customize the UI or can you only customize it via code?
there is a tool but it's not finished yet

there is a tool but it's not finished yet
I think development is stopped

Back