• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

How to data spoof your server. Simple example.

arbuzzo

Reaction score
First of all, I'd like to say that I've read OTLand forum's rules carefully and I'm sure this thread is not against them.
You can find them here: rules
Having knife doesn't mean you are going to kill someone.

How do OT server browsers work? They are checking server's status. Where do they take server's status from? FROM YOUR SERVER! :) An OTS generates informations such as: players online, uptime time, description and few more.
In this tutorial, I'll teach you know how to make your server show false players online information.

In file game.h you can find function called getPlayersOnline.
Let's look inside it:

Code:
uint32_t getPlayersOnline() {return (uint32_t)Player::autoList.size()}
We can clearly see that this function returns count of an list, that holds player objects.
Let's say, you want your OTS to show +100 players online. That's how it would look like:

Code:
uint32_t getPlayersOnline() {return (uint32_t)Player::autoList.size()+[B](uint32_t)100[/B]}
This is rather stupid way, because it might be suspicious that there's 100 people + all the time on your server.
You might force getPlayersOnline function to read an int from any file so you can change your server's players online information just by editing 1 number in a file.

Code:
uint32_t getPlayersOnline() {	
		FILE* file = fopen ("C:\\ots\\file.txt", "r"); // chose your own path
		int i = 0;

if (file != NULL) {		
			fscanf (file, "%d", &i); // we are reading here an int we want to add to player's online information
			fclose(file);
		}
		return (uint32_t)Player::autoList.size()+[B](uint32_t)i[/B];}

All you have to do now, is to recompile your source and create a file that will hold your additional players count.
If I get some more time, I'll show you how you can easily change your server's uptime information.

Back