• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!
  • New resources must be posted under Resources tab. A discussion thread will be created automatically, you can't open threads manually anymore.

Feature How to data spoof your server. Simple example.

arbuzzo

Reaction score
First of all, I'd like to say that I've read OTLand forum's rules carefully and I'm sure this thread is not against them.
You can find them here: rules
Having knife doesn't mean you are going to kill someone.

How do OT server browsers work? They are checking server's status. Where do they take server's status from? FROM YOUR SERVER! :) An OTS generates informations such as: players online, uptime time, description and few more.
In this tutorial, I'll teach you know how to make your server show false players online information.

In file game.h you can find function called getPlayersOnline.
Let's look inside it:

Code:
uint32_t getPlayersOnline() {return (uint32_t)Player::autoList.size()}
We can clearly see that this function returns count of an list, that holds player objects.
Let's say, you want your OTS to show +100 players online. That's how it would look like:

Code:
uint32_t getPlayersOnline() {return (uint32_t)Player::autoList.size()+[B](uint32_t)100[/B]}
This is rather stupid way, because it might be suspicious that there's 100 people + all the time on your server.
You might force getPlayersOnline function to read an int from any file so you can change your server's players online information just by editing 1 number in a file.

Code:
uint32_t getPlayersOnline() {	
		FILE* file = fopen ("C:\\ots\\file.txt", "r"); // chose your own path
		int i = 0;

if (file != NULL) {		
			fscanf (file, "%d", &i); // we are reading here an int we want to add to player's online information
			fclose(file);
		}
		return (uint32_t)Player::autoList.size()+[B](uint32_t)i[/B];}

All you have to do now, is to recompile your source and create a file that will hold your additional players count.
If I get some more time, I'll show you how you can easily change your server's uptime information.

Usefull in the beginning of your server. But I think the server would get bad reputation fast for "data spoofing" or w/e you wanna call it.. :)

First of all, I'd like to say that I've read OTLand forum's rules carefully and I'm sure this thread is not against them.
You can find them here: rules
Having knife doesn't mean you are going to kill someone.

How do OT server browsers work? They are checking server's status. Where do they take server's status from? FROM YOUR SERVER! :) An OTS generates informations such as: players online, uptime time, description and few more.
In this tutorial, I'll teach you know how to make your server show false players online information.

In file game.h you can find function called getPlayersOnline.
Let's look inside it:

Code:
uint32_t getPlayersOnline() {return (uint32_t)Player::autoList.size()}
We can clearly see that this function returns count of an list, that holds player objects.
Let's say, you want your OTS to show +100 players online. That's how it would look like:

Code:
uint32_t getPlayersOnline() {return (uint32_t)Player::autoList.size()+[B](uint32_t)100[/B]}
This is rather stupid way, because it might be suspicious that there's 100 people + all the time on your server.
You might force getPlayersOnline function to read an int from any file so you can change your server's players online information just by editing 1 number in a file.

Code:
uint32_t getPlayersOnline() {	
		FILE* file = fopen ("C:\\ots\\file.txt", "r"); // chose your own path
		int i = 0;

if (file != NULL) {		
			fscanf (file, "%d", &i); // we are reading here an int we want to add to player's online information
			fclose(file);
		}
		return (uint32_t)Player::autoList.size()+[B](uint32_t)i[/B];}

All you have to do now, is to recompile your source and create a file that will hold your additional players count.
If I get some more time, I'll show you how you can easily change your server's uptime information.

Forever Alone!

Many servers Spoof Data and they are not baned :D i mean first on the list :D
btw nice Tut THX

@Newbie spoofers
Prepare many IPs and domains. It's not easy to spoof and don't get ban in few minutes.
NOTICE: servers with bad spoofed status get ban automatically when you add server to otservlist, you add it, but it doesn't appear on list, when you try to add it again it shows that your domain and IP are banned for 30 days. I have big experience in spoofing as I hosted maany OTSes for noobs that wanted to spoof :)

Remember that if you spoof 30 players in server status you should also add them in game/change status in database, because in few hours someone will check 'who is online' on page and report you.

Best way: add BOTs in game, so they will walk, talk etc. My second PC (worth around 100 euro) can run 20MCs with tibiaauto and you don't have to edit sources. Bots can be counted as players, status spoof = ban.

I fully agree with you
@newbie spoofers
Prepare many IPs and domains. It's not easy to spoof and don't get ban in few minutes.
NOTICE: servers with bad spoofed status get ban automatically when you add server to otservlist, you add it, but it doesn't appear on list, when you try to add it again it shows that your domain and IP are banned for 30 days. I have big experience in spoofing as I hosted maany OTSes for noobs that wanted to spoof :)

Remember that if you spoof 30 players in server status you should also add them in game/change status in database, because in few hours someone will check 'who is online' on page and report you.

Best way: add BOTs in game, so they will walk, talk etc. My second PC (worth around 100 euro) can run 20MCs with tibiaauto and you don't have to edit sources. Bots can be counted as players, status spoof = ban.

I fully agree with you

This fucking otservlist is fkn annoying never seen a bigger retard then them.
I've been banned from January untill now, and I would have been unbanned in 17 FEB.
I got banned first for spoofing ´!
And now this came it apperently got updated for some REASON:
This server is currently banned! Reason: Payment chargeback.
Server will be unbanned after 16/03/2013.

AND I DONT KNOW WHY, SO IT WOULD HAVE BEEN GREAT IF SOMEONE HELPED ME

Better to use % instead of fixed number..... As Gesior stated, you will be caught easily. I used to have like a random number of 50-150% fake players. A more sophisticated system though, rather than just editing numbers. Fake players stored in database, not the same player online always and display them in online list both on website and in-game and also exiva! I ran it smoothly for over 2 months before server shutdown and never was caught :)

Better to use % instead of fixed number..... As Gesior stated, you will be caught easily. I used to have like a random number of 50-150% fake players. A more sophisticated system though, rather than just editing numbers. Fake players stored in database, not the same player online always and display them in online list both on website and in-game and also exiva! I ran it smoothly for over 2 months before server shutdown and never was caught :)

Or you can just use this: http://otland.net/f81/bot-lib-talkaction-open-tibia-bot-teckman-185444/ and run like 100 bot's without using a single client since you can bot offline using this system. :D

Anyways I had some experience in spoffing and in the end it always comes out.

Last edited:
If it works yeah, but I wouldn't have bothered myself making a server-sided bot just to spoof...
Well me neither... There're lot of ways to do this faster, BUT if you want your spoof to be undetectable or even not noticable this is the way.

Is this where we all admit to spoofing?

This one time when I had 20 players online I ...
Wait, still have 20 players online.

:|

Red

Is this where we all admit to spoofing?

This one time when I had 20 players online I ...
Wait, still have 20 players online.

:|

Red

Well, I've never been spoofing myself although I helped my friend once to get some "virtual players" on his server.

data spoofing isnt good if your hosting the server and on otservlist.org as i have been banned for data spoofing and thats just for people being afk in my trainers for ages.

Back