• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Lua How to do smooth movement?

Nutaharion

Reaction score
Hi,

Let me explain. I have a crystol coin on the ground. Now I'm deleting this from one position and after that I create a new one in the next position. It isn't look like movement unfortunately.

Just X value change it means from x=999 to x=1000 from x=1000 to x=1001.

I know that if monster or NPC is a thing (eg. Oracle have statue looktype) then monster/NPC motion is more realistic.

Is there any function to create a simply motion?

You probably mean to make it look like the coin "walks" from tile to tile if I understood that correctly.
If so, it's not possible because static items do not have an animation.
You could sprite something yourself though (which will require your players to use your custom client)

I couldn't think of another way to achieve that -> self spriting

Create a Creature Type with an empty name and the looktype of the coin. Also flag it as invulnerable. Then move the creature around instead. Of course, you won't be able to pick it up, but it should work as you want otherwise.

Any creature is not passable, which is, as far as I know, already checked client sided and can not easily be changed.
Maybe creating the creature/remove item => Move => delete creature/spawn item would be your best bet.

Back