• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Solved How to edit item stats?

ecounlimited

Reaction score
I looked everywhere but can't find a tutorial to editing the stats of items. I thought it was as simple as going into items.xml and adding
Code:
<item id="2490" article="a" name="dark helmet">
  <attribute key="weight" value="4600" />
  <attribute key="armor" value="6" />
  <attribute key="slotType" value="head" />
     <attribute key="skillSword" value="1" />
  <attribute key="skillAxe" value="1" />
  <attribute key="skillClub" value="1" />
  </item>
or something, but that only makes the item read "club fighting +1" without actually changing their skill. I downloaded NoxItems and OTItemEditor, but neither of these programs edits stats; or maybe I just don't know how to use them. I'm using TFS Crying Damson 8.6. Help!

You need to register the item in movements.xml.

Code:
<movevent type="Equip" itemid="2490" slot="head" event="function" value="onEquipItem"/>
<movevent type="DeEquip" itemid="2490" slot="head" event="function" value="onDeEquipItem"/>

You need to register the item in movements.xml.

Code:
<movevent type="Equip" itemid="2490" slot="head" event="function" value="onEquipItem"/>
<movevent type="DeEquip" itemid="2490" slot="head" event="function" value="onDeEquipItem"/>
Thanks! It works now. If you could answer another question that'd be great:

Why are the IDs for items sometimes split up? Is there a purpose, or were the developers just sloppy? Here's what I mean:
4ULBy.png

As you can see where I highlighted, this item "11114" that came with the distribution is this:
4ULFH.png

I'm not a programmer so forgive me for not using correct terminology, but the boots equip movevent is in the top part, but the deequip movevent is in a separate </movevent>. Both are for the same vocation ids though, 3/4/7/8 - p/k/rp/ek. Do I need to split my movevents up like that when I add new ones?

Why are the IDs for items sometimes split up? Is there a purpose, or were the developers just sloppy?
It's for vocation wielding which you can see at your second image (It can only be wielded properly by paladins and knights)
Do I need to split my movevents up like that when I add new ones?
Not necessarily, only if you want to restrict the item to a certain vocation.

Back