• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

C++ How to get data from Token field? - TFS 1.2

Solutions
Reaction score
Hi! I was wondering, how to get the data from Token field?
23ve0x5.png

I tried some things but nothing works. Any idea?
Thanks.

Solution
Yes, i saw it before but it didnt work :/

I tried something like this:
C++:
std::string& token = sessionArgs[2];
    //SEARCH TOKEN IN DB
    std::ostringstream query;
    query << "SELECT `token` FROM `accounts` WHERE `name` = '" + accountName + "'";
    DBResult_ptr getToken = Database::getInstance().storeQuery(query.str());
    if (getToken) {
        if (getToken->getString("token") != token) {
            disconnectClient("Incorrect Token Authenticator.");
            return;
        }
    }

The token is not in the database. You generate a token based on a third party application like Authy in the ios / android app store, and you verify it against a secret in the db (using the rfc6238 standard).
forgottenserver/iologindata.cpp at f3f6d54e9bc8c205159b82fba43a8a42b05301bd · otland/forgottenserver · GitHub
C++:
Database& db = Database::getInstance();

query << "SELECT `id`, `password`, `secret` FROM `accounts` WHERE `name` = " << db.escapeString(accountName);
DBResult_ptr result = db.storeQuery(query.str());
if (!result) {
    return 0;
}

std::string secret = decodeSecret(result->getString("secret"));
if (!secret.empty()) {
    if (token.empty()) {
        return 0;
    }

bool tokenValid = token == generateToken(secret, tokenTime) || token == generateToken(secret, tokenTime - 1) || token == generateToken(secret, tokenTime + 1);
    if (!tokenValid) {
        return 0;
    }
}

Last edited:
The token is not in the database. You generate a token based on a third party application like Authy in the ios / android app store, and you verify it against a secret in the db (using the rfc6238 standard).
forgottenserver/iologindata.cpp at f3f6d54e9bc8c205159b82fba43a8a42b05301bd · otland/forgottenserver · GitHub
C++:
Database& db = Database::getInstance();

query << "SELECT `id`, `password`, `secret` FROM `accounts` WHERE `name` = " << db.escapeString(accountName);
DBResult_ptr result = db.storeQuery(query.str());
if (!result) {
    return 0;
}

std::string secret = decodeSecret(result->getString("secret"));
if (!secret.empty()) {
    if (token.empty()) {
        return 0;
    }

bool tokenValid = token == generateToken(secret, tokenTime) || token == generateToken(secret, tokenTime - 1) || token == generateToken(secret, tokenTime + 1);
    if (!tokenValid) {
        return 0;
    }
}

Yes, i know it, but i created the token field in db because i want to do something else with it, but i want the client read the token typed in client and if it coincides, then be able to login, but i dont know why the server doesn't recognizes the token field.

Anyway, i just did what you said, but now, how can i use authy app?
EDIT: Secret field is now working and creating a new token, but when i use Authy and scan the QR code, it shows me that the Token is damaged. How can i fix that?
By the way, i was seeing the solution to crash server in windows and i changed std::stol with std::strtoul in protocolgame.cpp and tools.cpp (in generateToken) but in tools it shows me error about char conversion or something like that. Any idea?

EDIT 2: I've been testing and putting generateToken as std::stol and in protocolgame.cpp as std::strtoul and not always is crashing server, but i could see that when i type the right token, it let me choose character, but when i choose one, it shows me: "Account name or password is not correct.", and when i put a wrong Token, the server crashes. What could be the problem?

Last edited:
If you try out Znote AAC, register a new account and enable the two-factor authentication system after you login to see how it works. It generates a rfc6238 compliant secret (it cannot be a completely random string), generates a QR code which you need to scan with authy.
The token generated by etc Authy is a temporarily code based on the secret (through QR code) and current timestamp. It only lasts 30-300 seconds. I see no reason to store this in the db at all.

The server could be crashing because the secret string is not compliant to the standard.
PHP:
function generateRandomString($length = 16) {
    $characters = 'ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ234567'; // These are the only allowed chars, it is case sensitive.
    $charactersLength = strlen($characters);
    $randomString = '';
    for ($i = 0; $i < $length; $i++) {
        $randomString .= $characters[rand(0, $charactersLength - 1)];
    }
    return $randomString;
}

Last edited:
If you try out Znote AAC, register a new account and enable the two-factor authentication system after you login to see how it works. It generates a rfc6238 compliant secret (it cannot be a completely random string), generates a QR code which you need to scan with authy.
The token generated by etc Authy is a temporarily code based on the secret (through QR code) and current timestamp. It only lasts 30-300 seconds. I see no reason to store this in the db at all.

The server could be crashing because the secret string is not compliant to the standard.
PHP:
function generateRandomString($length = 16) {
    $characters = 'ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ234567'; // These are the only allowed chars, it is case sensitive.
    $charactersLength = strlen($characters);
    $randomString = '';
    for ($i = 0; $i < $length; $i++) {
        $randomString .= $characters[rand(0, $charactersLength - 1)];
    }
    return $randomString;
}

Yes i have Authy working right now, but the server still crashing when i type a wrong Token :/
I followed the instructions that somebody wrote to fix the crash for windows, but it's not working.
What do you mean with this?:

Back