• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

How to get FREE VPS from Oracle Cloud

Someone reported to me that he has lost access to his machines and all data after 30 days. I searched in Google and it's common problem - first reports from 2019.
Random people lose access to Oracle account after 30 days with message Your account has been disabled due to either tenant/user disable operation..

// my server runs for almost 4 months
// my friend made 4 accounts and run 4 core ARM on each of them to mine crypt - he has no problems for 3 months

Currently running for 2 months of "free tier" and 1 month of paid. Servers are super fast and responsive, and less expensive than AWS.

Anyone had problem with sign up? Tried with 2 credit cards (both work, 1 Visa and 1 mastercard) and still can't manage to sign up.

Anyone had problem with sign up? Tried with 2 credit cards (both work, 1 Visa and 1 mastercard) and still can't manage to sign up.
I think they eventually block some of them don’t know why but if you want a server from europe they are gone, you can choose canada right now

// my friend made 4 accounts and run 4 core ARM on each of them to mine crypt - he has no problems for 3 months
don’t know why
Maybe because people like my friend create 4 accounts with 4 credit cards and spend 300$ in first month on 4x 16 core ARM VPS to mine crypto.
Yes. Some banks/credit cards are banned.
In last month a lot of people tried to register to mine crypto on free servers. Now many credit cards are not accepted in registration form. Probably, because these bank users tried to create multiple accounts.
As I said, it still worth trying. 5 minutes to register and check, if you card is banned and you can get for free VPS worth ~55$ per month.

I tried to setup a server and no resources were available. Had a nightmare dealing with their interface and their support.

I'd rather pay 20 bucks a month than deal with this bullshit ever again.

About:
Disclaimer: otservbr - vcpkg compilation - does not work on ARM processors

I hope it helps someone that also installed Oracle free VPS :)
Thanks, saved me some searching.
After 4th point you can just "sudo ln -s /opt/cmake-3.23/bin/* /usr/local/bin" and it should be enough.

Copy & paste script:

sudo -s
cd /opt
wget https://github.com/Kitware/CMake/releases/download/v3.23.0-rc2/cmake-3.23.0-rc2-linux-aarch64.sh
./cmake-3.23.0-rc2-linux-aarch64.sh
Enter few times, then y enter y enter
ln -s /opt/cmake-3.23/bin/* /usr/bin

I was able to compile OTHire in it no problem. Since I'm totally noob gonna need some more time to setup the entire server in this Linux thing, but thanks nonetheless @Gesior.pl.

Is it possible to compile TFS 1.5 (8.6 downgrade by nekiro) for ARM?

I tried this but didn't work :/

I guess i will end up using AMD VPS... For now my server only consumes 70-80 mb RAM ...

About:

I could actually compile canary repository here :)
In this case, we need to update the cmake to a newer version
1 - download https://github.com/Kitware/CMake/releases/download/v3.23.0-rc2/cmake-3.23.0-rc2-linux-aarch64.sh
2 - move cmake-3.23.0-rc2-linux-aarch64.sh to /opt folder
3 - sudo bash cmake-3.23.0-rc2-linux-aarch64.sh
4 - type "y" twice during the installation
5 - Add it to PATH
5.1 - vim ~/.bashrc
5.2 - add in the end:
Lua:
export PATH=$PATH:/opt/cmake-3.23.0-rc2-linux-aarch64/bin
5.3 - save it and reload using "source ~/.bashrc"

and also need to set this flag VCPKG_FORCE_SYSTEM_BINARIES=1
1 - vim ~/.bashrc
2 - add in the end:
Lua:
export VCPKG_FORCE_SYSTEM_BINARIES=1
3 - save it and reload using "source ~/.bashrc"

With this config, you should be able to compile otservbr on arm processors following their steps: Compiling on Debian or Ubuntu · opentibiabr/canary Wiki (https://github.com/opentibiabr/canary/wiki/Compiling-on-Debian-or-Ubuntu)

Is it possible to compile TFS 1.5 (8.6 downgrade by nekiro) for ARM?

I tried this but didn't work :/

I guess i will end up using AMD VPS... For now my server only consumes 70-80 mb RAM ...
It should be possible. Tfs doesn't even make use of vcpkg. Just follow the steps from official github

It should be possible. Tfs doesn't even make use of vcpkg. Just follow the steps from official github

EDIT : Oh It is working! Thank you <3

Oh i didn't know that, so i should follow those steps and compile it with the VPS Arm machine. Right? (If i compile with my VM Ubuntu machine would't work)

Sorry im a newbie compaling, i did on windows with visual studio but never for ubuntu / Ampere.

Thank for ur time :)

Last edited:
is there any other method have tried this, google cloud, microsoft azure and all of them are not accepting debit card anymore amazon aws does but im facing problems receiving the phone call in order to enable features

About:

1 - download https://github.com/Kitware/CMake/releases/download/v3.23.0-rc2/cmake-3.23.0-rc2-linux-aarch64.sh
5 - Add it to PATH
5.1 - vim ~/.bashrc
5.2 - add in the end:
Lua:

1 - vim ~/.bashrc
2 - add in the end:
Lua:

With this config, you should be able to compile otservbr on arm processors following their steps: Compiling on Debian or Ubuntu · opentibiabr/canary Wiki (https://github.com/opentibiabr/canary/wiki/Compiling-on-Debian-or-Ubuntu)

This worked for me, but first I had to remove cmake installed from system: apt remove cmake
Installing new version of cmake on Ubuntu:
Code:
apt remove cmake
cd /opt/
wget https://github.com/Kitware/CMake/releases/download/v3.23.1/cmake-3.23.1-linux-aarch64.sh
chmod +x cmake-3.23.1-linux-aarch64.sh
bash cmake-3.23.1-linux-aarch64.sh
# hold Enter to scroll down license, type 'y' and 'Y'
ln -s /opt/cmake-3.23.1-linux-aarch64/bin/* /usr/local/bin/
I did not add export PATH=$PATH:/opt/cmake-3.23.0-rc2-linux-aarch64/bin to .bashrc and it worked.

About:

5 - Add it to PATH
5.1 - vim ~/.bashrc
5.2 - add in the end:
Lua:

1 - vim ~/.bashrc
2 - add in the end:
Lua:

sim, salvou mano! haha
obrigado demais.. eu achei que minha alegria de ter conseguido essa vps era alegria de pobre kkkk
ja tava desacreditado em pensar como ia compilar isso e por pra rodar, pq tudo q tava tentando no sistema arm tava dando errado.
agora q tu deu u caminho vou continuar na missao .. se puder me me dar umas orientaçoes, eu ficaria muuuuito grato vei..
discord: N1C0#6970
Post automatically merged:

Someone reported to me that he has lost access to his machines and all data after 30 days. I searched in Google and it's common problem - first reports from 2019.
Random people lose access to Oracle account after 30 days with message Your account has been disabled due to either tenant/user disable operation..

// my server runs for almost 4 months
first thanks for the topic.. I had no more hopes of running an ot on this vps. even more in arm64..

i'm testing it for somedays..

even though I only used the free tier plans, credits from the 30-day bonus were consumed. I'm afraid I'll start the project I'm planning to create and lose it in a few months.
(the avalue costi analysis informs that is by "Block Storage".. but i dont know why yet. I create my machine within the standards that says there will be no costs: 4cpu 24ram 200gb vpu 120 (even with 50 gb standard vpu 10 they continue to charge))
Post automatically merged:

I'm looking forward to starting over now..
So should I use ubuntu 20.04 instead of 22.04 yet?
Some attempts on 22 were giving the drives were too "new" lol.

Last edited:
Back