How to host dedicated server?

AngeloFuturo

Scan QR for free money.
Reaction score
I'm just about to finish an OT I created and be ready to host it.

Back in the day I always hosted from my own machine, but now it seems everybody goes for dedicated server. Question: How do I do that? I literally know nothing about dedicated servers unfortunately.

Also, does this mean I don't have to keep my computer on 24/7? Will a dedicated do everything for me? And what will the cost aprox. be for everything, per month?

Any other information that I should know in your opinion - please add to the answers.

Thanks!
/AF

Klonera

Once upon a time.
Premium User
Reaction score
What i know about Dedicated Servers is this,
Dedicated, you pay for it X amount money for X amount GB ram, net, storage etc. etc. (ddos protection which is hella expensive)
Dedicated servers means that you have a whole pc for yourself which means that your pc can be turned off 24/7 while the host pc is turned on 24/7.
Dedicated Server and Viritual Servers exists, the diffrence i know about is that you're the only one at the Pc if you have a Dedicated server.
A good host for ots for beginners and in general is Spigu Cloud, made by @Don Daniello here on Otland.
The currently strongest engine for servers is Linux.
Hoster - OTS Hosting Service (Any TFS/OTServ) DDoS Protection (https://otland.net/threads/ots-hosting-service-any-tfs-otserv-ddos-protection.141037/)
This service by Don have tutorials and it's very easy to use and everything you need to install on Linux is already installed.
There you go, hope i help you out :3
- Slamos