• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

How to host dedicated server?

AngeloFuturo

Scan QR for free money.
Reaction score
I'm just about to finish an OT I created and be ready to host it.

Back in the day I always hosted from my own machine, but now it seems everybody goes for dedicated server. Question: How do I do that? I literally know nothing about dedicated servers unfortunately.

Also, does this mean I don't have to keep my computer on 24/7? Will a dedicated do everything for me? And what will the cost aprox. be for everything, per month?

Any other information that I should know in your opinion - please add to the answers.

Thanks!
/AF

What i know about Dedicated Servers is this,
Dedicated, you pay for it X amount money for X amount GB ram, net, storage etc. etc. (ddos protection which is hella expensive)
Dedicated servers means that you have a whole pc for yourself which means that your pc can be turned off 24/7 while the host pc is turned on 24/7.
Dedicated Server and Viritual Servers exists, the diffrence i know about is that you're the only one at the Pc if you have a Dedicated server.
A good host for ots for beginners and in general is Spigu Cloud, made by @Don Daniello here on Otland.
The currently strongest engine for servers is Linux.
Hoster - OTS Hosting Service (Any TFS/OTServ) DDoS Protection (https://otland.net/threads/ots-hosting-service-any-tfs-otserv-ddos-protection.141037/)
This service by Don have tutorials and it's very easy to use and everything you need to install on Linux is already installed.
There you go, hope i help you out :3
- Slamos

Back