• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

how to host two server in one machine

johnsamir

Advanced OT User
Solutions
Reaction score
hello i would like to host two server in one machine jow can i achieve that? i was able to host two websites
s
solo would like two server with different datapack/ databases uing otcv8 jpw cam achieve this with tfs 1.5
would like to log into noth server with ome client

To achieve this, you need to configure each server to use different network ports and separate data directories.

Here's a general CONCEPT (theory based on TFS 1.2, although I have never done this before) to execute:

Port Configuration: By default, the TFS 1.2 server uses port 7171 for client connections. You can change this port in the config.lua file for each server. For example, for one server, you could use port 7171, and for the other, 7172.

Data Directory Configuration: Each server must use different data directories, such as databases, map files, etc. In the config.lua file for each server, you can define paths to the respective directories.

IP Address Configuration: You can configure each server to operate on different IP addresses or on the same IP address but on different network interfaces.

An example config.lua configuration for two servers might look like this:

config.lua
Code:
Server 1:

config.worldIp = "0.0.0.0" -- You can use a specific IP address, e.g., "192.168.0.1"
config.loginPort = 7171
config.gamePort = 7172

Code:
Server 2:

config.worldIp = "0.0.0.0" -- You can use a specific IP address, e.g., "192.168.0.1"
config.loginPort = 7271
config.gamePort = 7272

Please note that the configuration values mentioned above are just examples, and the specific configuration may vary depending on your needs and current network infrastructure.

If you want these servers to be publicly accessible on the Internet, you'll need to configure appropriate port forwarding on your router and configure the firewall to allow traffic on specific ports.

However, it's important to ensure that you have sufficient computing power and resources to handle two concurrent servers on one computer. Adequate RAM and CPU computational power will be crucial for the performance of each server.

#Edit
I recommend you dig into the sources OTHire is one of the easiest network topics to understand

Back