• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

How to host?

alectrona94

Reaction score
So I've been looking for hosting services but i dont know how it works and i dont know the options and which is better and why, i need some help to pick the hoster and to tell me how things works

Solution
That really depends on your map size, TFS version, the expected number of players and your experience.
This question has been posted/answered so many times here on the forum just search around and you'll find all information you seek.
I can just give you a small tip when choosing your host, first get to know your players base because most of players will only care about their in-game ping.
If it is like Brazil/South america players then you can choose Canada hosts.
If it is Europe players then you'll have to choose any Europe hosts (France/German).
You can also read this thread...
That really depends on your map size, TFS version, the expected number of players and your experience.
This question has been posted/answered so many times here on the forum just search around and you'll find all information you seek.
I can just give you a small tip when choosing your host, first get to know your players base because most of players will only care about their in-game ping.
If it is like Brazil/South america players then you can choose Canada hosts.
If it is Europe players then you'll have to choose any Europe hosts (France/German).
You can also read this thread
And check this OpenTibia servers list which shows every server with their host provider next to it.
If you meant with how to host (How you connect to a host) then
For Windows hosts you use Remote Desktop Connection then write IP/User/Password and then it is 100% like any normal Windows.
For Linux you'll mostly use Putty to connect/FileZilla to transfer files (IP/User/Password) and you can use Linux desktop environments too.

Last edited:
Solution
Back