• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

How to house tiles?

BahamutxD

Jack of all trades, master of none
Solutions
Reaction score
I have a doubt about house tiles - as I don't have a running server to test this maybe someone can solve me this.

Whats the correct way to create a house.

Shall the walls in red be house tiles? Will items attached to those walls (hanging) save if they are not house tiles as the wall itself is outside the house?

If the house empties for whatever reason (abandon, sell..) will items on those walls (not house tile) be removed?

If someone can solve me this I'll be very thankful ❤

Don't mind the pole (NW corner)

Sin título.jpg

Latest TFS - I'm working on updating the official map and saw houses like those I pictured in #1 and this been a doubt I've had for some time.

Thank you guys - it kind of makes sense, just wanted to be sure as I see many maps missing those.

I have a doubt about house tiles - as I don't have a running server to test this maybe someone can solve me this.

Whats the correct way to create a house.

Shall the walls in red be house tiles? Will items attached to those walls (hanging) save if they are not house tiles as the wall itself is outside the house?

If the house empties for whatever reason (abandon, sell..) will items on those walls (not house tile) be removed?

If someone can solve me this I'll be very thankful ❤

Don't mind the pole (NW corner)

View attachment 56569
Hey, can you invite me to your ot? I want to deco houses only.. thanks

Sorry I don't get it. Why would you need to place item 460 below walls?
It's not necessary, however without it you just can't see if the the wall is within the house, or not (no color change or anything to confirm).
You may skip placing item 460, but I wouldn't recomment it since it is more likely to miss some wall(s) and not include them into the house.

Example:
left side with 460: north wall included, west wall not included - you can see it right away
right side without 460: you can't see a s**t about those walls 😁
house2.png
Of course the field is invisible in the game, it is red only in RME.

And today I have learned that it is only by sheer dumb luck and coincidence that my houses work correctly (or have appeared to) for the past 15 years.

I have never ever considered or even thought about walls being part of the house tiles so that they work with tapestry etc. I'm sure some of my house walls have been bugged over the years due to this but just by dumb luck no one used them in a way to show it. Amazing.

Thanks guys I will be hiding in a corner with my dunce hat now.

It's not necessary, however without it you just can't see if the the wall is within the house, or not (no color change or anything to confirm).
You may skip placing item 460, but I wouldn't recomment it since it is more likely to miss some wall(s) and not include them into the house.

Example:
left side with 460: north wall included, west wall not included - you can see it right away
right side without 460: you can't see a s**t about those walls 😁
View attachment 65409
Of course the field is invisible in the game, it is red only in RME.

Oh right. I just do CTRL+W and CTRL + E to check house tiles but its good to know theres other options. Thanks.

And today I have learned that it is only by sheer dumb luck and coincidence that my houses work correctly (or have appeared to) for the past 15 years.

I have never ever considered or even thought about walls being part of the house tiles so that they work with tapestry etc. I'm sure some of my house walls have been bugged over the years due to this but just by dumb luck no one used them in a way to show it. Amazing.

Thanks guys I will be hiding in a corner with my dunce hat now.

Yeah, but luck, I guess, mine worked too, because I have a system that also saves items/etc to world tiles, like real tibia does, only refresh tiles will be cleaned, but as luck has it, even though towns are flagged refresh tiles, none of the walls are, they are also not all part of houses, except maybe ones i've manually edited, so they still save, but as part of the world data, not players houses... This might be a problem if people decide to leave their house without taking everything down first.

Back