• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

How to increase sprite limit

Lopaskurwa

Solutions
Reaction score
Hi so i made thread how to add more sprites one dude told me how but now my client is not working and i already selected that as best answer so i'll make another thread :D So that dude told me to compile dat spr with extended and transparency but when i do that i got this
Untitled.png

Then they told me to compile only with extended but guess what, i get same error. Any ideas how to increase sprite limit with other way or tell me how to fix this error

I told you man. OT Client is not the same as Tibia client. Tibia client doesn't support extended sprites. If you want to use extended sprites you have to use Open Tibia Client. Are you using Open Tibia Client or regular Tibia Client?

I told you man. OT Client is not the same as Tibia client. Tibia client doesn't support extended sprites. If you want to use extended sprites you have to use Open Tibia Client. Are you using Open Tibia Client or regular Tibia Client?
Good question what i'm using because i had .dat .spr from my old server and as i remember it i downloaded Ots-List.org - Ots, Otservlist, Open Tibia Server 860 from here and replaced old .dat .spr .pic to new ones. So i guess i'm using tibia client because as you can see i cant use extended so that means i'm using tibia client. You said i have to use open tibia client so that means i have to create sprites from zero and upload them again?

Place your client here and your spr.

if you use otc it will not change anything spr will conclude your normal .spr

Yes, and if you are a good developer you can make it look like original tibia. If you want a tibia client to accept extended sprites you will have to know how to reverse engineer. The chances that someone put in the effort to reverse engineer it and will give it our for free are slim to none.

If they know how to reverse engineer the client they know how to lock it up so you cannot get their methods of doing it.

You can hate something all you want, if you cant fix anything about it then there is no use in crying about it.

I am not saying your crying, and im not disrespecting you I am just saying it as it is.

If you want extended sprite limit use OTC if you don't then use regular tibia client. Those are your options.

I think an explanation to the limitation you're experiencing would be beneficial.

Older Tibia clients (like the 8.60 client) have a sprite limit of 65535 (0xFFFF) sprites. The reason for this is because the .spr file only uses two bytes to tell the client the number of sprites in the sprite file. I don't remember the exact version (the 9.60 client maybe?), but they exceeded this value and had to change it to a four-byte value, with a maximum of 4294967295 (0xFFFFFFFF) sprites. This is what the extended option in Object Builder does, it lets you add more than 65535 sprites by using four bytes to hold the sprite count instead of two. So, the reason your Tibia client gives you an error when loading the file is because there's four bytes indicating the number of sprites, but the client only reads two of these bytes, and then that causes the rest of the client's loading function to break.

You have a few options here:
- Stop at 65535 sprites, and don't use the extended option.
- Use the Open-Tibia Client.
- Modify the vanilla client to read four bytes for the sprite count, instead of two.

The last option is just as @Itutorial explained, and, he's right, getting someone to do this for you (if you don't know how to do it yourself) won't be easy, or cheap (I would assume).

you can easy change this otherwise you do nothing with custom client...
easy is like repalce pic files?
I think an explanation to the limitation you're experiencing would be beneficial.

Older Tibia clients (like the 8.60 client) have a sprite limit of 65535 (0xFFFF) sprites. The reason for this is because the .spr file only uses two bytes to tell the client the number of sprites in the sprite file. I don't remember the exact version (the 9.60 client maybe?), but they exceeded this value and had to change it to a four-byte value, with a maximum of 4294967295 (0xFFFFFFFF) sprites. This is what the extended option in Object Builder does, it lets you add more than 65535 sprites by using four bytes to hold the sprite count instead of two. So, the reason your Tibia client gives you an error when loading the file is because there's four bytes indicating the number of sprites, but the client only reads two of these bytes, and then that causes the rest of the client's loading function to break.

You have a few options here:
- Stop at 65535 sprites, and don't use the extended option.
- Use the Open-Tibia Client.
- Modify the vanilla client to read four bytes for the sprite count, instead of two.

The last option is just as @Itutorial explained, and, he's right, getting someone to do this for you (if you don't know how to do it yourself) won't be easy, or cheap (I would assume).
1. I cant stop because i have to add couple new items -_-
2. You mean these ones? Ots-List.org - Ots, Otservlist, Open Tibia Server
3. Is there tutorial for this think?
4. I would use this but as you can see i have no clue how to change looktype of that client, but if i could find any tutorials maybe i could.

P.s there is so much servers who have over 65k objects and i know they somehow made it and they're not using that custom client

Last edited:
Back