• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

How to make a 7.1 OT server?

Alexera

Reaction score
Hi, so I saw these 2 threads:
And it got me wanting to make my own 7.1 OTserver with that map, but I can't seem to find the right resources for such an old school version, could someone point me to what I need/where to start?

Get a 7.4 server, remove everything that doesn't fit, and then adjust the network protocols.
Thanks, I am now trying this, looking around for what I need, is this what I should be using?
I'm following this tutorial:
Installed Xampp and got Gesior from here: gesior/Gesior2012 (https://github.com/gesior/Gesior2012/tree/TFS-1.2)
Currently I am stuck with Gesior with these errors. What am I doing wrong?gesior1.png

I think that for these kind of projects you're much better off downgrading the sprites of your 7.4 / 7.72 client and there you go, 7.1 lookalike. The downside of course would be that you have to provide the client to your players, but I think that it's the superior option given that many modern computers can't even run pre-7.7 clients correctly.

On another note, be extremely careful if you installed XAMPP on your main computer, I'd remove that shit right away as it's a sure way to get hacked if you don't know what you're doing. Learn how to set up a Linux server instead.

I think that for these kind of projects you're much better off downgrading the sprites of your 7.4 / 7.72 client and there you go, 7.1 lookalike. The downside of course would be that you have to provide the client to your players, but I think that it's the superior option given that many modern computers can't even run pre-7.7 clients correctly.

On another note, be extremely careful if you installed XAMPP on your main computer, I'd remove that shit right away as it's a sure way to get hacked if you don't know what you're doing. Learn how to set up a Linux server instead.
Thanks for the advice and warning (I definitely don't know what I'm doing). As long as it looks like 7.1 I'll be happy. The only issue is I don't know what files to download.

Back