• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

How to make a monster not take damage from spells

froie

Expert Mapper
Reaction score
Hi. I am wonder if someone can tell me how i set a monster up so he will not take damage from spells only melee will work on him or wands etc, just no spells at all.. get it?

This is tricky one, i think you would have to change entire spell system around and change Storage Values on player when he uses attack spells (spells what do damage or debuff monsters)
And then in creaturescripts you do scripts what says something like this: StorageValue "this" doesn't damage, StorageValue "that" doesnt slow, etc.
And finally add that creaturescript to the monster.

But this is how i would do it, perhaps there is easier solution.
(i wont provide you with script example, because it would take me day or 2 to make it work, not skilled scripter here)

oh ok and im looking for this for 0.3.6 im not sure how that would work but thanks for the help anyways whitevo if i cant get any different help i might have a look into your way :D!

This isn't all of them but you could set the immunities which would cause them not to take damage from spell types, think of a ghoul they are immune to poison so when you cast poison bomb they don't take damage :)
Code:
   <immunities>
        <immunity lifedrain="1"/>
        <immunity paralyze="1"/>
        <immunity invisible="1"/>
    </immunities>

Back