• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

How To Make an House

alekito

Archlord - Retired
Reaction score
Hi i kind of just started an ot, havent had one for 2-3 years so i kind of forgot alot about scripting. Well my problem is that i did an house on rme and i named it + put an rent on it. I picked an ordinary door for the house that exist

this is what my house.xml says

-<houses>
<house size="39" townid="1" rent="0" entryz="7" entryy="1035" entryx="1020" houseid="9" name="Unnamed House #1"/>

But it just says "closed door" on my server

what do i need to do to make it work?

You need to mark the "Exit" or i don't remember exactly either what it was, anyways from your house palette you need to use one tool and use it on your house door to mark its exit so there will be "water" splash infont of house in map editor. Not sure, haven't worked on any house for a while.

PS. Your thread belongs to "Support" section.

Hi i kind of just started an ot, havent had one for 2-3 years so i kind of forgot alot about scripting. Well my problem is that i did an house on rme and i named it + put an rent on it. I picked an ordinary door for the house that exist

this is what my house.xml says

-<houses>
<house size="39" townid="1" rent="0" entryz="7" entryy="1035" entryx="1020" houseid="9" name="Unnamed House #1"/>

But it just says "closed door" on my server

what do i need to do to make it work?

There are a few problems which are able to cause this problem.
First:
Check if the tile beneath the door is added as house aswell.
upload_2013-9-24_17-54-28.png upload_2013-9-24_17-54-59.png
If it is, right-click the door and press "Properties".
If the door doesn't have a door ID yet, give it one.
upload_2013-9-24_17-58-18.png

A door which is 'part of a house' must have a door ID.

If you're using Remeres map editor, this usually go automaticly, IF you use the doorbrush (not the RAW-palette.)

More questions are welcome. Good luck!

There are a few problems which are able to cause this problem.
First:
Check if the tile beneath the door is added as house aswell.
View attachment 22727 View attachment 22728
If it is, right-click the door and press "Properties".
If the door doesn't have a door ID yet, give it one.
View attachment 22729

A door which is 'part of a house' must have a door ID.

If you're using Remeres map editor, this usually go automaticly, IF you use the doorbrush (not the RAW-palette.)

More questions are welcome. Good luck!
Mm i got many questions - could u give me your facebook or your mobile phone (any country) . thanks

Back