• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

How to make Thais dog not leave his spawn area?

BananaJuice

Reaction score
How can I stop Thais dog from leaving his spawn zone? In RME its position is correct and the Spawn Properties option the Spawn Size is 10.

20220215_040310.jpg

This is causing me problems because Im working in a server 7.4 and it overspawns when a monster leaves its spawn zone and in this case in a few minutes you can see several dogs around the city.

Your delicious BananaJuice,

Last edited:
Solution
All these answers are terrible, lol.

If you're using overspawn, just make the dogs spawn radius massive in RME, so it technically never leaves its home.

Can you also show what/how you added the overspawn feature?
this answer is terrible, just create a character with the dog stats, outfit and name and hire someone to login as the dog
i would probably look at doing one of these
  • make a different dog just for cities and check for that dog in the overspawn feature
  • make it an npc

By default in TFS, monsters that are under the flee threshold can't leave their spawnzone.

Create a new xml flag for that monster i.e doNotLeaveSpawnZone and use it as a boolean (1 or 0) and add it to the condition.

That way, if you set the condition as 0 by default, any monster should leave the spawnzone and overspawn, except for those who have defined the flag in the xml as 1.

Im assuming this happens to all monsters, or is it just that dog?
All the monsters bro.
I think your overspawn formula is wrong, dog is innocent in this case
Why bro?
put him on a rope in rme or add spawners around to colide each other
What do you mean? Could you explain to me how to do that?
i would probably look at doing one of these
  • make a different dog just for cities and check for that dog in the overspawn feature
  • make it an npc
I will see if I can do something in monsters lua

Last edited:
Dog speed = 0

pwned.

Edit:
My bad, didn't realize it was all monsters kind of problem, sounds like there is a config that needs changed? Or perhaps your server just doesn't have the function you are looking for, which server are you using?

If you're using overspawn, just make the dogs spawn radius massive in RME, so it technically never leaves its home.

He wants to stop the dog from overspawning, not to have it around the whole city.
I think he should just make monsters that aren't hostile and aren't fleeing don't trigger the overspawn.

Probably using an old src, where overspawn is by default

I think make this Dog as NPC is good idea. + plus nobody will able to kill him. its more friendly for this dog. Or somehow castrate him.

Thank you for all answer.

Hello, how could I do that what do you say?
Probably using an old src, where overspawn is by default
But then the rest of the monsters wouldn't overspawn either, right?

Back