• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[How to] Map live

RunarM

Finally back
Reaction score
Back in Nov 2011 there was released a beta of what was going to be version 3.0 of Remere's map editor and it came with an amazing feature that some people may not know about called "Live Mapping". Basically, it allowed people to host & join mapping servers and map together.

Live_zpsb8bd35af.png

In this tutorial I am going to teach you how to join and host a live mapping server.

Joining a server:
[Step 1]
- Go to Live -> Join Server
[Step 2] - Enter IP, port (31313 default) and password if any -> Press OK
IP_zpsc1d6ce60.png

[Step 3] - Wait while it's downloading the map, something like this should come up:
Likethis_zpse5c81d8d.png

[Step 4] - The map will come up and you can start mapping with others.

Changing cursor color:
[Step 1]
- File -> Preferences
[Step 2] - Go into the graphics tab
Likethis_zpsaf7e429b.png

[Step 3] - Find "Cursor color" and press the current color and a color dialog will come up and you can select your wanted color.
Cursor_zpsdd9dde4f.png

Hosting a server:
*For this step you need to know how to portforward, I will not go through it in this tutorial.

[Step 1] - Portforward 31313
RMEs_zps4f4a4715.png

[Step 2] - Go to Live -> Host Server
[Step 3] - Enter name, port (31313 default) and password if you want -> Press OK
RMEs_zpse241ffd1.png

[Step 4] - Something like this should come up:
Likethis_zpse5c81d8d.png

That's all you need to host the mapping server.

Where can I get this magical map editor?
RME 3.0 Beta 2: https://mega.co.nz/#!R1oQ0IqT!ek8btjBKqBxdE6a0wux0YyZwmLIHVgHqWekg_adwav8

That's all for this tutorial, have fun mapping with other people!
-RunarM

Last edited:
Do you know, if it's possible, to update to client 9.6 or more?
Cause I really love this live mapping feature :)

Yes That would be nice, is there a way to use the live feature with 10.1, the version of the map editor i got has the menu option, but when [selected/clicked] nothing pops-up... Any ideas or Help Please?!?

Sadly this does no longer exist in newer RME's :(
Would be hella nice to be able to map together

Back