• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

How to play in a 7.4 client with a 7.72 server?

BananaJuice

Reaction score
Hello, I have a question, how do I play on a 7.4 client if my server works on 7.72? I have tried using IP Changers to test and it does not work (only works in 7.72 client). Thank you very much :)

Hello, I have a question, how do I play on a 7.4 client if my server works on 7.72? I have tried using IP Changers to test and it does not work (only works in 7.72 client). Thank you very much :)

You wont.
There is a difference with them, so If server is not writed to use with 7.4 but with 7.7, You cant play.
there is a milestone with graphic engine, because 7.7 supports more than 7.4 etc...

and No, its not just about to change in definition.h:
C++:
static constexpr auto CLIENT_VERSION_MIN = 772;
static constexpr auto CLIENT_VERSION_MAX = 772;
static constexpr auto CLIENT_VERSION_STR = "7.72";

so... If You want to use 7.4 - You dont use with 7.72 distro

but If You do some changes, like in those 0x07 bytes sended or something its possible...

sorry for my post if its hard to understand, im not a programmer, but i know it from my experience (I was on Your place too)

i made that You want, using a .DLL for client - or use OTClient to pretend a 7.4 client

You can use a 7.4 based map on 7.72 with client 7.7 and sprites 7.4 with engines like the othire, nostalrius, or nekiro downgrade just need to remove items.otb check from server sources search here on otland about that there’s a guide i think

And its possible for example, with a real client 7.72 make feel you play a in 7.4 client? For example, changing the place where player conditions appairs, for example in 7.72 appairs in a long bar down the equipment and in a 7.4 in a little frame (where is soulpoints in 7.72).

Last edited:
You can do many things with object builder
Yesterday I was using that program to modify the sprite of an item. I changed the bucket to the old bucket. The problem is that I later realized that only I could connect to that client and no one else. So I was thinking of working a 7.72 client and making it look like a 7.4 client. Do I need to create some kind of program to create clients or something?

off: Sorry, I didn't realize I was posting with this account. I am BananaJuice, I have two accounts on different devices

Last edited:
that what You want to do will affect .spr and .dat - and I You want that someone else could join Your server - he got to replace his files with Yours

Another curious question, if in the future I wanted to make that 7.72 client look like a 7.4 client, what should I do? Can this be started with the original 7.72 client files or do I need to download some kind of compiler or something?

@OTS Learner yes and no...
if You have knowledge and time - try to use OTClient, it is nice to work with..
but if You want use a oryginal client - find a .dll like Tibianus/Tibria (that one i like most)
for start, You can use OTCv8 to learn some at working client

Back