• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[How-to] Quests

You can add an uniqueid to make it not moveable.
And the difference between the quest.lua and the system.lua is that the system.lua has alot more options.
In the quest.lua the uniqueid is for the storage and the itemid, so you can only add 1 item and you can't use the same item for an other chest.
Also if the uniqueid for the itemid is already used as storage for an other script, you can't use that item for the chest.
With the system.lua you can add all items you want, more items, stackable items, etc and you don't have a problem with the storage being the same as the itemid, so you can choose anything you want.

Whenever i do the actionID of the chest to anything else than 2000 then the chest gets moveable, I have to endure with the duplicate thing for now.

Didn't read all the comments, but if you want to make an annihilator-like quest where you can pick only one, you can just use the unique ID (UID) multiple times. This makes it impossbile to take the reward from ANY container with the same unique ID.

Also, if you accidently use the same ID on another quest, you can take only one of the two rewards.

Nice tutorial!
but... if i want to make a another quest with sema reward?
(example: 2 quests of golden armor)
its only change the uid of chest?

Ánd uhm, taking it to the next level. I know how this all works, but there's one problem. I want to make a book with a cryptic text to be the reward of a quest. It looks fine in RME, but when I open it in-game, the book will be empty. Do you know how to fix this?

Ánd uhm, taking it to the next level. I know how this all works, but there's one problem. I want to make a book with a cryptic text to be the reward of a quest. It looks fine in RME, but when I open it in-game, the book will be empty. Do you know how to fix this?
tfs version?

I'm Using 0.3.6 and it doesn't work i did everything exactly right all that happens when i open the chest is either nothing, or a puff of smoke happens over me

I'm Using 0.3.6 and it doesn't work i did everything exactly right all that happens when i open the chest is either nothing, or a puff of smoke happens over me

are you trying to open/do the questchest with your gm char? that will cause a poof, try with a regular char that has access=0

This may be an old thread but I could always hope for some help :>
Server version: TFS 1.2
To start. The chests works great. All as they should.
But when I try to do the same with other containers such as for example: Large trunk (1752), it does not give the player the item. But instead opens the container as a normal container with the items just being there.

I've searched around for some answers but got none ;/ I was going to create a script for the quests otherwise but I have no idea on how to add a bag with items inside of it.

Help would be very appriceated!

EDIT!!!!!!
<SOLVED>
I was using ActionId 15000 instead of 2000.
Whoopsie.

Last edited:
Back