• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

How to see which program blocks a certain port! [PICTURES]

Royal Inferno

Reaction score
HELLO OTLANDERS!

My name is Royal Inferno and today I am gonna show YOU the solution to not knowing which program blocks a certain port, with pictures!

Start by pressing CTRL+ALT+DELETE then press open your task manager

Then you will get this little box (Don't underestimate it D: )

dhflnc.jpg

Go to "processes tab", if you do not have a PID column, click View, click Select Columns, and then click to select the PID (Process Identifier) check box, like this.

ao89d4.png

Then:
oap2dx.jpg

Now click start, launch "run" (Or if you are using vista/7 as me, just write "cmd" in the search box and press enter, and skip next step)

2n8zuf.png

NOTE: SKIP IF YOU HAVE 7/VISTA

Now in "run" write "cmd" (without the *"* signs)

Then this little nifty box shall appear:

25pso7c.jpg

What you want to do is type "netstat -aon" like so:

2zefhqx.jpg

Then a whole lot of shit will appear, like this:

xc1zcg.jpg

So when all of that appears, you wanna choose which port you are having problems with, I will use port 1110, at 17th place (You can see the port after the IP, in this case: 83.177.199.190:1110 <---- That is the port)
Now to the right, you can see it says: "PID" there you want to look, Hmmm, if port 1110 has 4396 as PID, You should be looking for that pid in task manager, like so

1j41g2.jpg

When you have found it, end the process, and you should be good to go!

THANK YOU FOR READING THIS TUTORIAL!

If it helped you, you can rep++, I mean why not ;3 gives me a good "reputation" at the forum... GOTITGOTITGOTIT? no...​

[I don't know if this is placed in right section, and sticky if you think it is worth it]​

Last edited:
I'll wait for an admin to move it :) Thanks anyways! and very quick responses ;)

Edit: to not double post, Thanks for moving the thread, but I am still wondering if this is getting stickied, since people do need it, at least some, I think ;)

- Royal Inferno

Last edited:
Back