• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

How to use the help channel properly?

ices

Reaction score
Help channel
The help channel is a place where alot of players come to ask help, but there are also players that come here to use it as a chat channel.
So here are some do's and don'ts.

Do
- Use the help channel to ask questions, we encourage every player to ask a question when he doesn't know something. There is most likely always a tutor that will answer it, and if there isn't there will be an experienced player to help you.
- Help others, When there isnt a tutor to help a new player in peril, you as an experienced player can help them, if you do that often enough you might get noticed by one of our ST's and get promoted to tutor!
- You can ask questions in your own language if you cannot speak the english language.
- Ofcourse, if a player asks a question in a foreign language, you can answer him in that language.
- Listen to tutors. This is a very important thing. Tutors aren't just here to help players, but also to keep the help channel clean.
- Speak in one sentance! It is very annoying if someone asks a question and presses enter after every word he types.

Don'ts
- Don't go in discussion with a tutor or another player in the help channel, it will just spam the help channel and new players, or players in peril cannot use the channel for what its ment.
- Don't use the help channel as Default channel, Advertising channel, or Game-chat.
- Dont talk in your own language if you can speak the english language, this will only be allowed if you answer the question of someone who cannot speak english.
- Don't insult any player in the help channel. This will result in an immediate mute.

I hope you appreciate this, and learn from this so that we can prevent incidents in the future :)

Great tutorial and very helpful. I moved it to the tutorial section and sticked it there.

Is this really a tutorial about "how to use help channel"?

If we come into statics, there are only 100~200 players searching around ShadowCores forums, compared to the server itself (1600~ daily players) there is like a chance of 5% to them to see the thread, even that we all know that at least 90% of the forum users know about it.

What I'm trying to say is that it's useless to make such a thread for noobs that don't know how to use help channel properly, why? They won't even know how to join the forum, or they don't even speak english. I appreciate your interest though.

Is this really a tutorial about "how to use help channel"?

If we come into statics, there are only 100~200 players searching around ShadowCores forums, compared to the server itself (1600~ daily players) there is like a chance of 5% to them to see the thread, even that we all know that at least 90% of the forum users know about it.

What I'm trying to say is that it's useless to make such a thread for noobs that don't know how to use help channel properly, why? They won't even know how to join the forum, or they don't even speak english. I appreciate your interest though.

It's a lot better to have one than to not have one. Right?

It's a lot better to have one than to not have one. Right?

Yeah, as I said, I admire the interest but I'm pretty sure this will not be helpful at all, people just won't bother reading stuff like this to make themselves better players.

Yeah, as I said, I admire the interest but I'm pretty sure this will not be helpful at all, people just won't bother reading stuff like this to make themselves better players.
It is made for the ones who care, and the ones that care, are probably on the forums. Ofcourse i cannot reach every single noob in the server, but i didnt want to do that. I wanted to make it for the players on the forum.

Back