• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

TFS 1.X+ How works the npc word highlighter?

Memerto

PHP, JS, LUA, HTML...
Solutions
Reaction score
Hi mates.

I'm working in TFS 1.2, but I guess this works in a similar way for many other distros.
You know when you put any words into "{ }" in a NPC phrase and it gets highlighted in a deeper blue? Well, I'm looking for the code that make this works. Had a look in the npc lua system and in the tfs 1.2 sources, but haven't found anything.

Do you guys know where can I find it?

Thx!

this is already implemented though unless i don't understand what you're asking for
otland/forgottenserver

I'm asking for the C++ or LUA code that makes this works. I'm trying to make item names looks in different colors depending on stats, so I think this feature will help me achieve that, but I was searching for hours and didn't find anything.

you won't be able to change colors of random text around the client unless you make client changes
the blue text highlighting for npcs was already implemented in the client which is why it works

you won't be able to change colors of random text around the client unless you make client changes
the blue text highlighting for npcs was already implemented in the client which is why it works

Thx! This makes sense. Do you know where is the part of the code in OTC that implement it?

Back