• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

How you fix the delay of effect on player OTCV8

henkas

Solutions
Reaction score
Hello,
so originally effects that are on player lets say somekind of lightings or auras when you walk these effects arent fully atached on player they are like lagging which likes ugly and makes server look laggy, i seen a lot of servers fixing this issue which makes overall effects on player look cleaner

Hello,
so originally effects that are on player lets say somekind of lightings or auras when you walk these effects arent fully atached on player they are like lagging which likes ugly and makes server look laggy, i seen a lot of servers fixing this issue which makes overall effects on player look cleaner
Never noticed such behavior. Can you show some examples (record video/gif)?

I think he's talking about magic effects, which in this case are sent to the player's position and not the player itself.

This can cause, for example, when sending an effect at the player's position and the player walks, the effect will appear in the previous position.

I believe he wants something like an aura, which exists in Otcv8

I think he's talking about magic effects, which in this case are sent to the player's position and not the player itself.

This can cause, for example, when sending an effect at the player's position and the player walks, the effect will appear in the previous position.

I believe he wants something like an aura, which exists in Otcv8
yes exactly

Picard Facepalm GIF by MOODMAN

So he has no idea what Auras are and thinks that this is a bug? Damn bro, all right.

Picard Facepalm GIF by MOODMAN

So he has no idea what Auras are and thinks that this is a bug? Damn bro, all right.

he's using player:getPosition():sendMagicEffect()

@henkas otcv8 has an aura system that does exactly what you want, take a look here:

he's using player:getPosition():sendMagicEffect()

@henkas otcv8 has an aura system that does exactly what you want, take a look here:

so i need to install this commit into my src?

Well you see i dont have stuff like so i cant adjust some of the code parts

void Game::playerToggleMount(uint32_t playerId, bool mount)
void Game::playerToggleOutfitExtension(uint32_t playerId, int mount, int wings, int aura)

Back