• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

AAC .htaccess on AAC

massuco

Brazilian, sorry for my bad english XD
Solutions
Reaction score
Hello everybody, I know there is alot of posts about .htaccess on Znote, Gesior, myAAC etc..
But no one of them have a nice explanation of the problem and how to solve this!

First of all, I wonder know what is exactly the ".htaccess"? What is your function on the website?

Second, the problem:
When I try to access localhost, it shows me HTTP ERROR 500, so I've searched about this error on google and it says: htaccess problem.
The localhost returns me that I haven't permission to access that.
It happened with ZnoteAAC (latest version), and myAAC (latest version) also, so I presume the problem is not the AAC, is the .htaccess, of course.

Third, the solution I did: (but I don't know if it's safe, because I don't know what is the .htaccess)

Original .htaccess from Znote:
Code:
Options +FollowSymLinks
RewriteEngine On
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ /characterprofile.php?name=$1

I've changed this line:
Code:
RewriteEngine On
For this:
Code:
RewriteEngine Off

Now I can access the localhost, is that right?

1. .htaccess is a apache configuration file for the directory that it is located in, and all of it's subdirectories. It is a server related file that has multiple uses. Use google to see every method available.

2. HTTP error code 500 isn't specific to .htaccess, it's just a generic error meaning there has been an internal server error, and it could down to the server code, or setup/configuration.

3. All you are doing is turning the rewriteengine off, which means lines 3-5 of the .htaccess file won't execute.

Try deleting the content of the .htaccess file and seeing if you can access your localhost.

If the error still exists, create a brand new folder outside of the acc with a blank html or php document and see if you can load that file with no error. If that works, then the setup of the acc is the issue and not the server configuration.

Back