• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Team Huge Project

Erazero

Reaction score

AVAILABLE SPOTS FOR THE MAIN BOARD

MAPPING DEPARTMENT /// [LORTY - FREE]
SPRITE DEPARTMENT /// [MANTUS - LORTY - FREE]
WEB DEPARTMENT /// [SUNRISE]
SCRIPTING DEPARTMENT /// [FREE - FREE]
LORE/EDITORIAL DEPARTMENT /// [SUNRISE]
MARKETING DEPARTMENT /// [FLO]
NETWORKING DEPARTMENT /// [YAN]
DEVELOPING DEPARTMENT /// [[COLOR="#FF000"]SUPERGILLIS[/COLOR]]
LAW DEPARTMENT /// [PRIVATE ATTORNEY]

Update 4 / April 14:
- I received many many applications and thanks to OTLand many departments are taken now and working! I'm very happy. We now have a private board for the project to work in a good and efficient way. We are still looking for one mapper, 1 spriter, and 2 scripters!

Update 3 / April 6:
- I have received an absolutely great application for the Coding part. Seeming to be a very skilled and smart man who contributed alot in OTs coding and in Tibia Bots coding (so he will also contribute for the anti-cheat engine)

Update 2 / April 4:
- A network engineer whom I know from past is joining the team. He will be in charge of securing the whole system as well as optimizing the servers.
- A motivated and skilled mapper shown motivation to join the team.
- I hired a lawyer specialized in computing law / internet law; he will be in charge of registering the company, writing down the contracts for the employees and so on.

Update 1 / April 3:
- We will have the honor to have Mantus working as a sprite and gfx designer. He was the official Tibia designer of the game from 1997 to 2004. (Including the famous login screen, characters and so on)
- I received an interesting application for the website design.

#######################################################################################
Dear all,
The community of otland has an enormous amount of smart and skilled people.

I come here to build up a project with some of you.
I have been playing Tibia since 2000 almost continuously to 2007; then starting again in 2010 and stopped in 2012.
Time passed and my passion has decreased with the introducing of character transfers, PVP modifications, and all the bad new implementations Cipsoft has introduce with time that we are all well-aware of.

I'm willing to start a new project. And make it grow as a real business. With the same game-play (or even better, but with the main mechanisms that made the success of Tibia) high-quality community, and fun as it was in the good old days. I want the engine to be based on a 7.4 version. I'm open to suggestions.

Notes :
- We would need to change the graphic sprites for legal/copyright matters, and as well as a whole new map.
- I have some funds for this project. But it cannot be done without a solid team.
- Graphist/Coders/Webdesigners/Webmarketing/Storywriters/ are welcome.
- You need time, passion in the original game, skills.
- You need to be over 18, preferably 20-30.
- You need to have a good english.
- You need to be able to use Skype, and sometimes late at night.

- Perhaps 2 coders / 2 graphic artists / 2 mapmakers / 1 webdesigner-administrator/ 1 webmarketer.
I graduated a Business School in Paris (Master of Marketing and International Business), so I will get busy with the legal and operational matters (contracts / organization / accounting / project management / providers etc). I also have strong webmarketing skills aswell as some basic coding.

We will do the main brainstorming when the team will be full.

The timeline would be (globally) as follow :

Now to end of April :
Gathering of the full team.
Team building through Skype.
Brainstorming for the main strategy of the project.
Decide upon eachother roles.

May:
End of the brainstorm.
Writing down the story / atmosphere.
Business Plan / Money making plan.

June-> mid August:
Mapping.
Modifications of the sprites.
Main coding.

September :
Website online.
Social Media / Online marketing / SEO for the opening.
Debug phase.

October :
Beta test.
Developing of an Anti-cheat system

November :
Opening.

December and future :
Fun.
Money.
Self-Esteem of having built a growing and moneymaking project with a team.

I'm of course open to discussion, suggestion or debate.

Who's in?

My informations :
Email : [email protected]

Last edited:
Mapping would be more june - june +1 year for a decent map. Relative to how many mappers ofc but still, 1 month to make the map? lol.

- - - Updated - - -

good luck regardless

ALSO regarding sprites, it is highly doubtful cipsoft would ever seek a copyright infringement case against you for only sprites. A lot of people don't know that cipsoft in fact stole sprites from ultima online. If you use OTclient and no other cipsoft material then you should be fine, and sprites could stay afaik. It would take too much time to replace all the sprites however, if you wish to then good luck. It is a lot of work you would be getting into but if it goes well then you will have a good project there

Last edited:
Thank you very much both for your contribution.

GhostX : you are right about the sprites. One of the very first graphic designer of the official Tibia (characters and 40% of tibians sprites) is a friend of mine, and he told me today that he did all this voluntary, for only 300€ a month, without any contract. So I guess redesigning sprites would not be so important.

About the map, thank you for the information, I've not been mapping at all so I don't know the workload that it requires. However I guess some mappers already have their own work? Starting from absolute scratch should not be necessary?
Or maybe a redesign of the official map could work copyrightly talking..

- - - Updated - - -

Update!

Last edited:
Great Lorty, for sure you are welcome as a mapper and more.
Let's talk on skype tonight so you can show me and explain a little bit of what you can do!

seems like a very professional project,
but i think you underestamated the amount of work it takes to get a fully unique server fully working, your time schedule is a bit tight unless u have a really good team working almost 24/7 on the server.
Don't try to start too big, make it small but fully working and then start updating it monthly or weekly to keep the community happy.
maybe i'll apply for a position in the storywriting department later on but i'm crushed with work irl atm

But i wish u the best of luck :) looking forward to seeing this progress and coming online eventually.

Kind regards,
Hehemidu

Interesting, I've added you on Skype since I want some more details. I'm sure I can be of great use for this project since I once wanted to do the same thing.

Perfecto, accepted your request.

@hehemidu : thanks a lot for your advises

This seems cool. I'll follow this project.

Wish you the best of lucks! :-D

Best of luck i really like the idea of creating something that players love and vote fore, instead of Cipsoft who ruined the game by updating it with dozens of crazy stuff without asking the players how they feel about it. But they atleast got punished with loss of 30k players..

+++

Good luck with this, seems like a really nice and organized project. Some word of advice, be careful with who you hire and trust, no matter how nice or convincing people seem they can easy backstab you when you least expected. I've seen this happen to many of my friends so just watch out.

Thank you so much guys for your kind words! And your advises. I'll try to gather the most solid/mature/skilled team for this project.

Update on first post!

We have started brainstorming with the team about futures and big headlines.
Still looking for another mapper and a few scripter!

Update 4 / April 14:
- I received many many applications and thanks to OTLand many departments are taken now and working! I'm very happy. We now have a private board for the project to work in a good and efficient way. We are still looking for one mapper, 1 spriter, and 2 scripters!

Evening gentlemen,
from what i have seen in this thread, you are trying to make a completely new game..
If you are still looking for a storywriter (I've done also a lot of mapping few years ago.) i may be able to help you.

Regards.

Back